Pic of yourself

What a difference a year makes! First pic is from March, 2023 and second pic is from last week. Both taken at the same location and with my 25 year old kid who went on a 100+lb weight loss journey of her own over the last two years.

IMG_8235.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

I usually like to think of myself as the head of my household, but little Miss Abby Cat obviously feels differently! :ROFLMAO:😻

View attachment 144453

yep...the Queen is pissed b/c the Bowl has not been filled yet

IMG_3976.jpg

I should probably get a move on....

Went on a father/daughter field trip to the Getty Museum in L.A. today. Beautiful place but the claustrophobia was strong in both of us! o_O Too much humanity in confined spaces. Not a coincidence that our smiles are brighter because we’re outside. 🤪

IMG_3744.jpeg
IMG_3743.jpeg

Went on a father/daughter field trip to the Getty Museum in L.A. today. Beautiful place but the claustrophobia was strong in both of us! o_O Too much humanity in confined spaces. Not a coincidence that our smiles are brighter because we’re outside.
Oh, I love the Getty Museum! Glad you had an enjoyable day. Have you been to the La Brea Tar Pits?

• Love
Reactions: RVC
Oh, I love the Getty Museum! Glad you had an enjoyable day. Have you been to the La Brea Tar Pits?
Oh yeah! :love: Love the tar pits, ever since I was a little kid. My daughter and I have established a tradition of eschewing gifts at holidays and birthdays in favor of going on adventures together. We went to the Getty Villa awhile back and have been to several other L.A. must-visits over the years.

Next up is the L.A. Arboretum, as soon as our schedules permit. She’s a 2nd grade teacher and a world traveler! Greece last summer and Ireland this summer. Must’ve skipped a generation because I can only do day trips or overnighters at most. LOL

Bit late to the party but new member here 🙋‍♂️

I'm Louie, started around 2014 when I was 5.
16 now and I'm a jazz/metal/rock drummer.

No recents but here's some of my first lesson back in my hometown (little man was rocking it!)

IMG_7924.JPGIMG_7925.JPG

Oh yeah! :love: Love the tar pits, ever since I was a little kid. My daughter and I have established a tradition of eschewing gifts at holidays and birthdays in favor of going on adventures together. We went to the Getty Villa awhile back and have been to several other L.A. must-visits over the years.

about 10 years ago, we started to do something like that where we give gifts of buying lodging at historical or natural sights around the country for my sisters family. They do the same for us as well...it totally beats just having more crap laying around the house, and it reduces another excuse as to not going on vacation. The only rule is that it has to be a campsite

in a small way, he looks like Vinnie Coliuta!!!
When he was younger he looked like David Cassidy and there were certain times in his life that he looked like Clint Eastwood. This photo was taken 2 days ago (April 13, 2024) and this year he will be 70 years Young and I just turned 72. Looking good!

And yes in a small way he does look like Vinnie. He's a man with many look alikes.

Last edited:
about 10 years ago, we started to do something like that where we give gifts of buying lodging at historical or natural sights around the country for my sisters family. They do the same for us as well...it totally beats just having more crap laying around the house, and it reduces another excuse as to not going on vacation. The only rule is that it has to be a campsite
My son and I do the same thing. Fortunately we're both drummers. It all started a few years back when he gave me a choice. He said. "I can buy you a gift or would you like to go somewhere?" And I said I would love to be with family and go somewhere especially after your father died.

So the first place he took me for my 70th Birthday was to The Drum Center of Portsmouth. Oh my gosh... I thought I died and went to heaven! LOL. Then on the way back home we stopped at a place and had a bite to eat.

On another occasion... I believe it was Mother's Day, he and his family took me to The Botanical Gardens and that was a sight to see itself, flowers were bloomed all around us and inside the building hung beautiful hand-painted art to view and buy. Then we went to a restaurant and ate.

The third place I never even knew existed was called Living Stones. It was a site that overwhelmed me with so much joy. Huge Monuments and Towers with scripture passages written on each Stone. I was enveloped with the Word of God. Now that was right in my wheelhouse, I will never forget that place.

It was a man who created this on his own property and allowed people to come and see his work. It was breathtaking to say the least. Then off to eat.

Now my son and I are trying to catch up with Christmas and my Birthday that just passed trying to figure out where we would like to go next. What a blessing, I'm all for it!

My son and I do the same thing. Fortunately we're both drummers. It all started a few years back when he gave me a choice. He said. "I can buy you a gift or would you like to go somewhere?" And I said I would love to be with family and go somewhere especially after your father died.

So the first place he took me for my 70th Birthday was to The Drum Center of Portsmouth. Oh my gosh... I thought I died and went to heaven! LOL. Then on the way back home we stopped at a place and had a bite to eat.

On another occasion... I believe it was Mother's Day, he and his family took me to The Botanical Gardens and that was a sight to see itself, flowers were bloomed all around us and inside the building hung beautiful hand-painted art to view and buy. Then we went to a restaurant and ate.

The third place I never even knew existed was called Living Stones. It was a site that overwhelmed me with so much joy. Huge Monuments and Towers with scripture passages written on each Stone. I was enveloped with the Word of God. Now that was right in my wheelhouse, I will never forget that place.

It was a man who created this on his own property and allowed people to come and see his work. It was breathtaking to say the least. Then off to eat.

Now my son and I are trying to catch up with Christmas and my Birthday that just passed trying to figure out where we would like to go next. What a blessing, I'm all for it!

yeah...as i have gotten older, I have found that the gift of memories is way more important than things.

and you guys seem to sum it up with a bite to eat, which is also a gift if you are in the right food establishment ;)

Back