New-to-me cymbals! Hope I did well?

MazdaRex

After several weeks of shopping, I got some cymbals to go with my Tama Imperial Star shell pack. MANY thanks to the people here and all the discussions I read on different cymbal tones, timbres, brilliance, and many other descriptors I am still learning!

I'm near Denver, so ended up at the Lodo Drum Guy. He was lots of fun to talk with, patient, and helpful. Must have 20-30 drum kits stacked around his place! A straight shooter, good trade-in/trade-up policy, and interesting to talk with.

I'm a beginning drummer, playing mostly classic rock 1965-1985. I wanted cymbals a few notches above beginner-level, since I am unlikely to upgrade: cry once at the cost, then enjoy good quality. So after 45 minutes banging on brass, I ended up with:
14" Zildjian New Beat hihat cymbals, two, A0135 and A0134
17" Sabian crash, no real labels, just faded Sabian ink on back side
18" Zildjian Brilliant Medium Thin crash, no model number
20" Zildjian Medium ride, A0034

Total cost $541 (all I had). Hopefully, these will serve me well and I will grow into them. To my shame, I haven't played them yet! Need to rearrange the small room the Tamas and my Yamaha DTK430 ekit share - that'll take a while.

Hopefully, I got good stuff at a good price?

Attachments

• 20221023-PXL_20221024_023036036-NBAA.jpg
    20221023-PXL_20221024_023036036-NBAA.jpg
    919.5 KB · Views: 26
After several weeks of shopping, I got some cymbals to go with my Tama Imperial Star shell pack. MANY thanks to the people here and all the discussions I read on different cymbal tones, timbres, brilliance, and many other descriptors I am still learning!

I'm near Denver, so ended up at the Lodo Drum Guy. He was lots of fun to talk with, patient, and helpful. Must have 20-30 drum kits stacked around his place! A straight shooter, good trade-in/trade-up policy, and interesting to talk with.

I'm a beginning drummer, playing mostly classic rock 1965-1985. I wanted cymbals a few notches above beginner-level, since I am unlikely to upgrade: cry once at the cost, then enjoy good quality. So after 45 minutes banging on brass, I ended up with:

Total cost $541 (all I had). Hopefully, these will serve me well and I will grow into them. To my shame, I haven't played them yet! Need to rearrange the small room the Tamas and my Yamaha DTK430 ekit share - that'll take a while.

I think those should serve you well! Have fun! 😊

These look great! Nice work 😁

Cool. Being there in person, always makes the job easier. Having your "ears in the room" rather than listening to sound files via computer and "hoping they're accurate";) Looks like you did good. A classic type line up of cymbals, for the style of music you do.(y)

I've dealt with Lodo Drum Guy. Yes, good dude !!!

Those seem like very good cymbals to me. Peace and goodwill.

Sounds like like you did the best thing, let your ears decide. They're all good cymbals that you listed at least for my taste anyway. Enjoy

yep, you would not need to upgrade!!! Just "add on to"

Very sweet cymbals. What a great set to bash on. Well done. 👍😁

Thanks, everyone! Comp tickets and backstage passes for everyone when my still-imaginary band and I sell out Red Rocks!

Thanks, everyone! Comp tickets and backstage passes for everyone when my still-imaginary band and I sell out Red Rocks!

your imaginary band can play wiht mine when we do Wacken Open Air!!!!

Back