New Hex Pads?

Iristone

Silver Member
I've always liked their look. Is there a new non-DIY solution?
Or I may buy the pads for the March or Rokton UDS from Ukraine. I'm afraid if the 30-yo rubber pads have aged, though.

New? Not that I know of.

Second user my UP pads (see my Avatar) are still working fine after nearly 40 years (I have a couple of sets in white and black). The piezos may start die at some point (I've swapped the one in a kick pad, but piezos are pennies to buy). The rubber's still great, but again, easy to replace.

Buying any pad it shouldn't be difficult to overhaul if needed.

(TBH - I haven't seen any UP pads for sale for a bit, but they do appear every so often, as do Simmons ones)

Last edited:
I had pads from a Pearl DRX-1 kit that served me well for over 35 years. These were the original hex shaped pads that Pearl was sued for using by Simmons because they looked so much alike. Pearl quickly changed their design with the rebranded DRUM-X. I was surprised how well these pads stood the test of time. The rubber never became brittle and the electronics worked perfectly right up until the day I sold them. The only thing I didn't like about the Pearl pads was the plastic housing that surrounded the rubber playing surface. I'm a fairly accurate hitter so I had no problems with the plastic surface holding up, but I saw other pads that had chips and cracks from off-center hits.

Back