My New Setup : ) kind of interesting

Lickety Britches

i started rocking a 3 peice a couple weeks ago, and i just got around to actually updating my setup to accommodate a 3 piece a little more. and i loooove the cymbal placement, its perfect! so i found a spot for a 2nd tom and TADA! its so comfortable. please excuse the mess in my apartment haha and please the excuse the z custom, it shall be replaced with another byzance asap : )

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

see i wouldnt mind doing that but my hihat right now is about as for right as i can get it, i would need to do a remote stand, which may come in at some point, but im happy with how it is for now.

Sorry, not getting this small trend away from upper toms.

yeah they are mastersounds, i like them flipped, i think they sound a little more focused. and as far as the toms, my style of playing isnt really harmed by the set up. i do a lot of combination rolls, i dont really do anything that involves the toms having to be in order. and actually for the past couple of months ive been rocking a 3 piece so im more than ok with it haha. but really the hi hat to me is a very important part of the kit, and its never been in a very comfortable position, so this allowed me to do so.

Hey I gave you an 8" splash and you're not even using it.

I thought it was poor manners that I sent it to you free of charge and you didn't even acknowledge it or thank me on your own accord. If I could take it back I would and give it to someone who understands basic courtesy. Allow me to set you straight. I tell this to my kids. If anyone ever gives you anything, no matter what, you always say thank you.

Sorry, not getting this small trend away from upper toms.

I've tried the one floor tom on each side and no rack tom setup a few times, and it really is a comfortable setup. You can't easily do descending tom rolls, obviously, but it does allow for some very comfortable positioning of cymbals, hihats, and everything is very easily reached.

In the end, it comes down to playing style. I find that kind of setup limiting when I play with my main band (straight ahead rock), but for jamming and practicing it's great fun. A setup change often brings out drumming styles and licks you never knew you had, which is always fun :)

Hey I gave you an 8" splash and you're not even using it.

I thought it was poor manners that I sent it to you free of charge and you didn't even acknowledge it or thank me on your own accord. If I could take it back I would and give it to someone who understands basic courtesy. Allow me to set you straight. I tell this to my kids. If anyone ever gives you anything, no matter what, you always say thank you.

ok first of all.... theres no need to start drama, if you have a problem, a private message would suffice. 2nd, i did say thank you, i sent you a message that told you i had mailed out the envelope, and then said thanks (i believe i said it again but all my sent messages are deleted so i cant be sure). and 3rd, this is one set of cymbals i have, for my harder stuff. i also have a set of A customs and a sweet ride that i use for more mellow situations, this is where the splash you sent me comes into play.

ok first of all.... theres no need to start drama, if you have a problem, a private message would suffice. 2nd, i did say thank you, i sent you a message that told you i had mailed out the envelope, and then said thanks (i believe i said it again but all my sent messages are deleted so i cant be sure). and 3rd, this is one set of cymbals i have, for my harder stuff. i also have a set of A customs and a sweet ride that i use for more mellow situations, this is where the splash you sent me comes into play.
The private message is the key point here. :)

No drama, just stating facts. I had to contact you to make sure you got it. I waited over a week after I sent it then I contacted you. IDK I just think you could have been a little more courteous to a person that added to your cymbal collection. And you are still showing your basic lack of courtesy.
The reason I didn't go private is because maybe publicly calling you out on it might actually change something.

I've tried the one floor tom on each side and no rack tom setup a few times, and it really is a comfortable setup. You can't easily do descending tom rolls, obviously, but it does allow for some very comfortable positioning of cymbals, hihats, and everything is very easily reached.

In the end, it comes down to playing style. I find that kind of setup limiting when I play with my main band (straight ahead rock), but for jamming and practicing it's great fun. A setup change often brings out drumming styles and licks you never knew you had, which is always fun :)
I get your point but in my case the most fun I have practicing is with my 10, 12, 13, up front. Without them, I feel very limited to what colors I can create. I am more of a tom guy than a cymbal guy. You can take my cymbals, but don't touch my toms. :)

No drama, just stating facts. I had to contact you to make sure you got it. I waited over a week after I sent it then I contacted you. IDK I just think you could have been a little more courteous to a person that added to your cymbal collection. And you are still showing your basic lack of courtesy.
The reason I didn't go private is because maybe publicly calling you out on it might actually change something.

im not one of your kids. the world doesnt work the way you want it to. i said thank you. i do apologize for not letting you know i got it. that is my bad. but you wanna talk about courtesy? how about taking a positive thread and something im proud of and junking it up with your negativity? you never even asked. maybe try being polite and asking where the cymbal is before making accusations, and you would have found out that i do use it. but im done with this, any thing else, send to a PM, this is not what a forum is for.

This thread is getting more and more interesting... By the way i really dig this Travis Orbin kind of setup. Love it. Might do the same with mine :)

Great kit!! I live the 1-2 down, none up kits! I'll have to get around to posting some pictures of mine...

Quick question, is that cymbal underneath the Meinl Byzance and to the right of the Z Custom mega bell a second ride or another crash in a cool spot? (....or both?)

-Jonathan

Back