Musical artists whose death saddened you.

Levon Helm. Perhaps not the greatest drummer around, but very talented, and loved what he did. The Band were my favorite musicians. Acadian Driftwood always hits home.
The other is R.L. Burnside.

Last edited:
It really wasn't Russian Roulette.I was a big Chicago fan and a big Terry Kath fan,so then I became a cop,I was granted access to the case file.It seems the gun in question was a Browning Hi Power ,semi-auto 9MM pistol,Russian Roulette is played with revolvers..Terry had been drinking and decided to play with his gun.He had unloaded it,but did it in the wrong order..He racked the slide to eject the round in the chamber,than removed the magazine.That left a round in the chamber.He reversed the correct order,leaving the gun loaded.

He was then playing with the same gun,before this happened,but Browing semi auto,has whats called a magazine dissconnect feature,to prevent something like this from happening.With no magazine in the gun,it can't fire.That only works when there's no magazine in the gun.So when he put an emptt magazine in the gun,that feature was neuteralized,and the gun could fire.Since he incorrectly unloaded the gun,and left a round in the chamber,the gun went off,and he shot himself in the head,at nearly contact range.

The guy was no doubt,one of the best guitar players of his time,and according to Jimi Hendrix,a better player than him.

Steve B

Wow! That's an interesting twist on the story. Thanks Steve, wherever you are now! RIP. Sorry I missed this post.

Back