John DeChristopher

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
John DeChristopher is on our forum....let me say this:

Johnny D (How he is called by his friends) is the most friendly industry person you can meet. In the hey days of Drummerworld he was Vicepresident of Zildjian and their artist relations manager. As a little Swiss guy i received so much help and support from his side - including reservation hotel rooms or making it possible to meet my idol Steve Gadd. He has a wonderful podcast - check it out.

The only thing I don't understand is why he plays a left handed set. I'm also lefthanded and the left hand is stronger - but I play normal set - lol - who cares...

Bernhard

johndechristopher.jpg

Neil Stubenhaus - John DeChristopher - Bernhard Castiglioni - Rob Wallis

Last edited:
John DeChristopher is on our forum....let me say this:

Johnny D (How he is called by his friends) is the most friendly industry person you can meet. In the hey days of Drummerworld he was Vicepresident of Zildjian and their artist relations manager. As a little Swiss guy i received so much help and support from his side - including reservation hotel rooms or making it possible to meet my idol Steve Gadd. He has a wonderful podcast - check it out.

The only thing I don't understand is why he plays a left handed set. I'm also lefthanded and the left hand is stronger - but I play normal set - lol - who cares...

Bernhard

View attachment 145519

Neil Stubenhaus - John DeChristopher - Bernhard Castiglioni - Rob Wallis
Bernhard - I concur with everything you've said here. Though I won't say Johnny and I are close friends I feel safe in saying we are old friends. He guided me with a steady hand when I bought my first new kit almost 45 years ago...Gretsch of course! Still sound great btw. And I can confidently tell you the guy you see in his fabulous interviews on YT (I never don't take something away from any I've watched) is the same kid that came out of the old neighborhood - just a very genuine person. But the SOB somehow actually looks better now! Rock on John.

BTW Bernhard you actually look a little like Steve Gadd in that picture lol.

Last edited:
run , John, run..

Wow. Thank you @bernhard and everyone. I am completely blown away by your kindness. I don't know how I missed this on Friday!

And @bermuda you are also loved by everyone in the industry. As is Bernhard :)

Bernhard, if I could do it all over again, I'd learn to play right-handed like my two biggest left-handed heroes - YOU and Ringo! :)

It's an honor and a pleasure to be here!

Back