Jazz Drumming, and its benefits for rock

"Music is my life, man. You guys just don't understand!"

Says the guy desperately needing everyone to take his genre-religion as seriously as he does.

Whatever.

You know what man, I joined here to try to better myself as a musician, what I've seen is a bunch of trolls and dbags. Music is my life, and if you want to bust my chops because of that, then you don't understand, and you probably will never get it.

I don't care whether or not you take my music as seriously as I do, I never asked you to, just that you not call it "mindless and tactful".

Peace out drummer world. Keep the troll alive.

Agreed. I don't like jazz outside of certain contexts, but you'll never hear me trash it like people here trash metal. Oh metal doesn't use modes explicitly, therefore they're all dumbasses. -.-

As Einstein once said,
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
This thread is a good example.

Oh noes here comes the single stroke roll, let's all watch the suburban kids get up and do the chicken dance to scare off the invaders.

I think metal enthusiasts just don't understand that a guitar half stack is an insult to my ears, they really don't have to say anything, all they have to do is plug it in, and bam it makes people upset.

Oh noes here comes the single stroke roll, let's all watch the suburban kids get up and do the chicken dance to scare off the invaders.

I think metal enthusiasts just don't understand that a guitar half stack is an insult to my ears, they really don't have to say anything, all they have to do is plug it in, and bam it makes people upset.
Wha??? Seriously, was there a point here?

Not sure about the half-stack reference, either. Does it really need to be a full stack? Sure, they sound amazing, but often overkill. Unless of course, you're trying to say that half stacks are overkill. So who (besides you, perhaps) is getting offended and upset about that? They're not exactly exclusive to metal, you know. Tube heads driving 4x12s have been standard equipment since ... oh, nevermind.

Pretty much. But only as it pertains to your overtly dick-ish behavior; not any genre, per se.

Yea, well what can I say, the ignorance of a few got to me. I guess that comes back on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must care, or why would you keep posting on the subject. Or are you a Troll?

It would have been rude for me not to reply to the statement directed at me.

Your logic fails. And now my work here is done.

Last edited:
Now can we please get back to discussing: Metal vs. Jazz, Which is the Lower Art Form?

Happy Friday!

Who me? Do it, I don't even care.

Hey, Man, lighten up. Whats the problem? If you love metal I am sure no one on this forum has any problem with that. Just cos some dont share your love of the genre dous not mean they are "Trashing" anything. Why should anyone elses opinion have any bearing on what you like or dont like?

We all have our likes and dislikes, dont take it as a personal insult just cos someone is not inteested in the same stuff as you.

Back