If you could musically have your way, what situation?

I would be a member of a band whose voice helped define a generation.

Myself, I would be in a killer Motown band complete with horns and backing vocalists, a kickin southern rock band, and a wailing blues band.
Of course I would be the leader, and choose the material.

I would, in my head, love to play drums for:

Allman bros

Robben Ford

Zawinul Syndicate

Art Pepper

Tribal Tech

Joni Mitchell

thats covers a lot of styles

Last edited:
Just don't mention 'Beiber'...

Just don't mention 'Beiber'...
If you get the spelling correct then someone might NOT mention him...
So I won't give the correct spelling of that dude's last name.

Although you might have to take into consideration that the specific target audience might not be mature musicians (like on this forum) but 5-15 yr old girls instead which significantly changes the perspective and explains the success some "musos" have.

Until I joined DRUMMERWORLD I even didn't know who that Rebecca Black was. Now I know I don't have to know her...

On topic: Too many superb musicians and cool genres out there... Maybe being the mastermind (guitars, drums, lyrics, concept) of a gothic metal band with the female vocalist being my wife.

Last edited:
I feel safe in the knowledge that I have spelled it wrong. You, sir, should be ashamed at your knowledge of such things - and even more so in the caring that others have it wrong!

I feel safe in the knowledge that I have spelled it wrong. You, sir, should be ashamed at your knowledge of such things - and even more so in the caring that others have it wrong!
Why? I have eyes to see and a brain to remember. If you know how to spell "rhythm" you might be capable to memorize how that fellow is spelled. Remember you have to know your enemy to fight him. And even if you don't like him/his music - why not respect him enough to get the spelling right? It's a shame you can't get the spelling right IMO although he's all around the media. Just a few letters... too much of a task (for you)?

Why? I have eyes to see and a brain to remember. If you know how to spell "rhythm" you might be capable to memorize how that fellow is spelled. Remember you have to know your enemy to fight him. And even if you don't like him/his music - why not respect him enough to get the spelling right? It's a shame you can't get the spelling right IMO although he's all around the media. Just a few letters... too much of a task (for you)?

Dude - it's a bit of light humour, chill out! It's too early in the morning to get in my face, back off.

I notice that you managed to misspell "metal" in your earlier post, also, so please don't GENUINELY preach about spelling when a misspell is a keystroke off. Should I be getting on you because you don't have the respect to the genre to get the spelling right?

Uptight much? Last time I try and have anything resembling fun with you.

the specific target audience might not be mature musicians (like on this forum) but 5-15 yr old girls instead which significantly changes the perspective
Yes, & therefore, no matter how good I become, this is how I'm perceived :)

I'm taking bets on who first uses this for their new avatar;)

Attachments

• 422760_382223751795820_100000245968050_1483551_506526954_n.jpg
    422760_382223751795820_100000245968050_1483551_506526954_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 116
KIS - is that a new prototype kit ;)

I'd be the drummer for Nobuo Uematsu and the Black Mages :)

Definitely a good choice! Some of those tunes are epic! I'd prefer to play on Black Mages 1, rather than 2 + 3, though!

*EDIT* - where did that guys post go o_O!

Dude - it's a bit of light humour, chill out! It's too early in the morning to get in my face, back off.

I was reading this and following the exchange ... and when I got to this I cracked up.

Netz, apart from the crossed wires Arky made a good point about "know thy enemy". Knowing about RB and JB helps give us perspective, even if it's just to tell us how good real music is.

Aw jeez, silly me! Getting old...

Wha'?

Yes, & therefore, no matter how good I become, this is how I'm perceived :)

attachment.php

Andy, that little work of art is very cool :) Where's it from?

Netz, apart from the crossed wires Arky made a good point about "know thy enemy". Knowing about RB and JB helps give us perspective, even if it's just to tell us how good real music is.

If I'm completely honest with you, Pol, I have basically no opinion on either J or R - I merely jest :/ Maybe it's the british humour.

Back