Gretsch Vinyard 14x8.5 snare... what's it worth?

criz p. critter

Silver Member
I picked this snare up in 2007. It was one of a 50-snare Extravaganza at NAMM that year. Read the synopsis in the first pic for more info about that.

As the story goes, Vinnie Colaiuta had discovered a decades-old stash of NOS shells at the Gretsch warehouse. https://www.gretsch.com/2020/01/vinnie-colaiuta-discovers-the-gretsch-vin-yard/
They called it the Vinyard at the time, but I've since seen it often spelled as Vineyard.

Gretsch then created 50 one-off snares for the promotion. I fell for the purple 14x8 in pic 2 and won it on ebay. It came with the Golden Ticket shown in pic 3.

I love the drum but times and my tastes are changing, and I'm considering selling it. I figure it's not going to be as valuable as, say, a 100-year-plus Anniversary edition snare, but it is unique, and includes the ticket and original website info. Would any one be able to give me a clue on what I should ask for this? THANKS.

Attachments

• website-1.jpg
    website-1.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 11
  • website-2.jpg
    website-2.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 10
  • golden-ticket.jpg
    golden-ticket.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 12
  • vinyard-side.jpg
    vinyard-side.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 11
  • vinyard-top.jpg
    vinyard-top.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 10
  • vinyard-side-2.jpg
    vinyard-side-2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for that! I wonder what the stock price was in 2007.

there was a second - later NAMM Snare run when Fender was leaving - as Gretsch distributor; they had that Dice mint Green snare

they were called "Fender Custom Shop Relic"

your/Vinyard/ was before that

Last edited:
Man, I'm always learning from the stuff you post on here everyday. I was just surfing and saw your 2021 post on DFO about the Vinyard.

Attachments

• Gretsch_Venue_New.jpg
    Gretsch_Venue_New.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: jda
Back