favourite drum brand?

dw, tama and for custom craviotto

Tama and DW. I play an old swingstar from 1980. It still sounds great. A lot of people don't believe that it's a swingstar untill I show them the badge.

I have a thing for custom kits. SJC first then Truth, DW and KD (a small Manchester based custom drum company). I also really like Ddrum, Tama and some Mapex's.

For me, this is all based around the image considering i believe that 80% of a drums sound comes from the heads. With SJC, you can have nigh on any combination you want. Or at least quite a few.

xoxo

I use Mapex Orion drums and they sound fantastic. 22x16/10/12/14/16 with 14x6.5 snare. All Evans G2 except the bass drum-Firth on the front. DW 5000 double pedal and 2 legged hihat. All zildjian cymbals and all Mapex 900 series stands. There are drums that sound just as good, some DW/ legacy Ludwig/Gretsch/Especially Sonor maple but they all cost more money. Interestingly these drums are like an extension of me for dynamics, purity of tone, ability to tune them musically. They rock and lead me to play outside my comfort zone all the time.
Highly recommended.

Yamaha Drums for me....I've got a Maple Custom Abs. and Birch Custom Abs kits......I've owned and played many different brands...Yamaha's are my favorites!

Gretsch are my favourite, easily. The Renowns are amazing. I tried out one in a drum shop, just with the stock heads, and it was easily the best kit I've ever played.

Second is probably Pearl. I've played the Masters Custom on a few occasions, one of which was a gig. I don't think there could've been a better kit for the gig. The other drummers at the gig were all incredibly happy with it.

Always remember, Its not the arrow its the Indian.

Made in Japan Tama. Cost no factor-Brady, Craviotto, Artisan. That said, the absolute best is still the ten dollar rubber pad.

If I had unlimited funds??? Brady
Somewhat limited funds..Sonor
Limited funds - Gretsch

F

yes...... Gretsch is my choice .......

and Roto toms too.......

Brady and Sleishman are also very nice.

Tough question. Lots of very good drum makers out there. I really don't have a "favorite." Best I can say is I'm very intrigued by Sonors for some reason. I've never owned one of their kits though.

For live/travel: Tempus
For "vintage" studio work: 3-ply Slingerland toms and 6-ply bass drums
For "modern" studio work: Oak Customs

Snares: Keplinger black iron, Slingerland aluminum, black beauties, big NOB drums, and Supras.

Tama and Sonor are my favorite Drum companies.

for hardware it's Pearl.

And for cymbals it's Zildjian although I love tons of other cymbals from Sabian. Meinl, Stagg etc. Most of my favorites seem to be from Zildjian is all.

-Jonathan

Shells = Gretsch
Heads = Remo (Barring my Superkick II but I'm going to swap that for a Powerstroke III)
Hardware = Gibraltar
Stick = Zildjian
Cymbals = Sabian.

Simple really, I guess. I'm easily pleased :D

I'm a simple being, with simple tastes.

Drums = Ludwig and Gretsch (US made of course!)......I guess I'm just a traditionalist at heart.
Snares = Ludwig......I have a 402, a vintage 400 and a BB......Love 'em all and being asked to choose one over another is akin to trying to decide which is your favourite child!!

It is hard to say..... I usually try to love what I have.... I just haven't tried everything; so it is hard to say. I am currently down to vintage Rogers and Yamaha MCA, but about to get my first DW kit. For the Sleishman fans.... I've got a mint Sleishman 'iron bark' stave snare that I am selling.

Back