Favorite metal drummer?

Re: Best metal drummers?

igor-sepultura
chris adler-lamb of god
charlie benante-anthrax
jason bitner-shadows fall
travis smith-trivium
dave lombardo-slayer
the guy from arch enemy(i don't know his name)

ness said:
igor-sepultura
chris adler-lamb of god
charlie benante-anthrax
jason bitner-shadows fall
travis smith-trivium
dave lombardo-slayer
the guy from arch enemy(i don't know his name)

I agree Igor is good but when will we ever hear him again now he's left Seps?

I can't remember which one it is in Arch Enemy, I think it's Adrian Erlandsson, if not then Eric Erlandsson - they're brothers and one is in Cradle of Filth, the other Arch Enemy.

Re: tell me who is the best metal drummer!

Thinshells said:
Lars Ulrich.... 3...2...1... hahahaha just kidding!

I like:
Vinnie Paul,
Tomas Haake,
Joey Jordinson
Charlie Benante
Dave Lombardo
Deen Castronovo
Danney Carey
Chris Adler
And a few others.
That's a killer list.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

altered_beast said:
I can't remember which one it is in Arch Enemy, I think it's Adrian Erlandsson, if not then Eric Erlandsson - they're brothers and one is in Cradle of Filth, the other Arch Enemy.

You got the names wrong; it's Adrian and Daniel Erlandsson. The second is the drummer for Arch Enemy.

Well, at age 43 I must admit that I'm a bit old to join this poll... But have you younger drummers out there ever heard Rob Reiner from Anvil? He's one of the early metal-drummers, and especially on the album "Metal On Metal" there're some serious great metal drumming: listen to the tunes: "tease med, please me", "mothra", "march of the crebs", "jackhammer", "666", and tell me if that is some serious drumming or what? The album before that (their first) was not as interesting, and the album after was not as good either. What happend from then on, I don't no. But listen to "Metal On Metal"... That is some serious "ancient" heavy metal drumming!!!

Drum-Head said:
You got the names wrong; it's Adrian and Daniel Erlandsson. The second is the drummer for Arch Enemy.
To be honest I'm not surprised I got the names wrong, I'm not really into either band, I just read about them in Rhythm magazine lately...

I think Martin Lopez of Opeth doesn't get nearly enough recognition for his drumming. Maybe its not extremely flashy and close to impossible, but he's a great musician and Opeth's music is amazing for it. Too bad he left the band...

S

id have to say joey jordison, i know alot of people think hes just big cause hes i a 'gimmik' band but when you think about it hes extremly fast, has great fills and is very very innovative and whatevr drumming he does it always fits the song

Re: tell me who is the best metal drummer!

i vote chad kent of atomship as my first pick.check him out at atomship.com

Chad Kent isn't really metal though is he. More rock, but Pencilfight is a freakin awesome song.

I really like the drummers in Darkane and Gojira. They are both fast as necessary, its the musicial choices they make that get me.
Also just for the record I personally think that the older players like Vinnie Paul and John Tempesta have a much better effect on their bands than newer guys however fast or technical they may be. Also these guys can play double bass with a kind of perfection I've not heard Roddy or Mournier etc attain.

One of my favourite is Muhammed Suicmez, he's the lead guitarist in Necrophagist. He programmed the Onset Of Putrefaction drums and he wrote about 90% of the Epitaph drums.
His creativity is really incredible because the stuff he writes is playable on drums, if he could play drums he would play his parts.

In my opinion, The absolute best metal drummer is the one from DRAGONFORCE. He isnt as heavy as some others, but he is very fast and technical. He plays over an hour straight live and he doesnt even break a swet!

Ingo Shwentonberg of Helloween, He was sick for that era. That is before he jumped in front of a subway and killed himself. There are so many. Hellhammer is a maniac too. Derek Roddy, Flo, Daniel and Adrian Erlandsson, Mickey Dee, Nick Barker,
There are millions out there!!

Back