Fastest Double Bass Player?

Virgil Donati also sort of turned the world of foot speed on it's ear too when he first came out

yep, seen virgil in clinic/masterclass several times, his double strokes on the bass drum are fun to watch and to do!even though his speed has plateau'd, he still rips it up while being 62!! :D

If Maison Guidry played double pedal he'd be in the running for sure. He's an animal with a single pedal! He plays one pedal faster than I can play with two.

I'm getting really tired of all these ancient threads getting resurrected by the same person. You know who you are. STOP DOING IT!

That said, here's someone who's REALLY fast! Even though this is technically cheating since he's using two of those double beater pedal thingys (I don't even know what they're called), this gets pretty freaking ridiculous. Keep watching 'til the end!

Gene triggers his kicks. He use to have a rack case on the left side of his kit that he used to monitor them, this was pre-IEMs. He also uses 24" kicks.

but did he trigger back in the early 90's? I didn't think he did...and the 24" drums....crazy

Back