Evan's Reso head question¿

There are folks here that would know for sure, but as I understand it the formula of the film is different.
You know, now that you mention it, I think you are right. I think I even knew that at one point. At least, I knew Evans used different formulations for different heads.

I would love to see a spectrogram of the difference, comparing the Genera reso to G1, keeping all else equal.

Genera Reso's are quite similar to G1's but with a slightly brighter tone and a bit more lively overall.
I currently use them under Coated G2s on my Starclassic W/B and love the sound, although they are not the short/mid sustain OP is looking for.

For what its worth, I use Coated G2s over Clear G12s on one of my other kits; a Starclassic Maple.
The sound is fatter and more punchy, with a notable emphasis on the low/low-mid frequencies.
Technically a thicker resonant head should produce more sustain, and it does, but the tone is focused to the point where that extra sustain is basically inaudible in the context of playing the full kit.

Mind you, this setup works for me on Maple drums where the brighter tone of the shell combined with the darker head combo, gives a sound that is relatively balanced.

Not sure how the same head combo would go on a darker sounding drum like the W/B (hence why I selected the Genera Resos for that kit).

Where exactly did they say this, cause v it is not accurate
See my post a page earlier.

I think they know what they talk about.

See my post a page earlier.

I think they know what they talk about.
That's talking about it being paired with a 2 ply batter head. It does not say a 2 ply reso sustains longer than a 1 ply

Back