Anyone try icanplaydrums.com?

Jack Bennett said:
Hi there,

I did all my Monday emails yesterday (Monday in Australia), was yours answered? If not here's the link:

www.icanplaydrums.com/int-order.htm

Jack

No I haven't got it yet.
Both my emails were dated 11Sept '06. from same id geek_boy_in but from yahoo ....
first one was addressed to only you (jackbennett@icanp.....) and the second was to you and info@icanpla....

I had asked for certain information...... if you want can resend it .....

geek_boy_in said:
Jack I have sent you 2 emails regarding how do I purchase a copy of your CD but I haven't even got a single reply ......

If you don't even answer to purchase queries, How do you expect the customers to believe that you would even care to provide after sales support ???? .... or even send the CD after getting 100 dough ??

and oh Please do not come up with answers like I get 1000 emails per day so I don't have time for your silly email ....

after all thats why you advertised and made that site available online right ???

Hmm i can understand u here but id just like to say that so far my exerience with jacks site has been pretty good. Plus he cool...he hates Jared Falk! :)

Well I purchased it last night and just downloaded the freebies.. It cost me a total of $102.00 usd...I will let you all know my thoughts when I receive my interactive CD.. So far the small sample lessons have been great so I am looking forward to the CD.. Was gonna buy a new splash cymbal but decided I could probably gain more from this right now.

I like the program.

I'm basically a beginner, he gives good explanations, ideas, and systems to practice.

The vids showing him doing slow, med, and fast are very helpful.

The monthly newsletters add to what he covers in the system.

I have never got the system myself, but one of my students did. Its got some good stuff in there, but it looked very user Unfriendly. Plus the Quality is terrible. Sounded like the guy was trying to get money from impulse buyers if you ask me. Plus if your ordering a package, wouldnt you want it to be on a DVD or something you can use in fron of your drums?

I agree,, the video quality could be better but like all his lessons the information is great! I emailed Jack about this and he said he is in the process of reshooting all the footage onto regular DVD,, il let you no once i have it x

Nina

I looked into Icanplaydrums. I dont know, it looks a little sketchy. He seems like a get rich quick kind of guy. Maybe im wrong though, il lhave to try it. Quality looks poor though, i would rather pay money into Langs new Dvd, or Mike portnoys DVD;s. Im a fan of the Nice Drum sound, over the hundreds of similar beats.

I guess Jack > Jared

I'm going to subscribe and check out the lessons. Then I might get the CD. Wish it were on DVD with better video quality though.

I studied music at the same college with Jack Bennett. Well, sort of, he was I think in his last year (3rd) when I started. Just after he had won the 'Aus up and coming drummer of the year' comp.
He was a pretty damn fine player back then and I can't imagine much has changed. It was great listening to these last year guys jamming/practicing away, kept me motivated.
Anyway, I'm sure it's hard to put alot of great info into a package with high production on probably rather limited budget.

Last edited:
I just got mine in the mail. I own quite a collection of DVD's by most of the top names (Weckl, Lang, Portnoy, Igoe's Groove Essentials etc...), and, yes the quality and polish of the professionally made products isn't quite there, and it is a bit of a hassle to have to run it under BootCamp on my MacBook, but I must say the content is impressive. And I have yet to see another product that runs through the notated music AS the video is playing. This is a great way to learn to read while learning the beat at the same time. He's a genuine guy who knows what he's talking about, and doesn't pretend to be what he's not. I'm really looking forward to delving into his product, as soon as I get my snare drum repaired :)

I'm a drummer from Holland and found Jack Bennetts site www.icanplaydrums.com surfing the internet. At first I found his mailing a bit agressive and didn't know what to think about it actually. But I finally decided to buy his complete UDS (Ultimate Drumming Solution) cd-roms collection. I am very pleased with the cd's. They are more ore less exactly what is told about them on his site. And the customer service is great. Yesterday I got the mailing that his new dvd collection "UDS 2007" has been released. I bought this collection as well because of the much better quality of video and audio the dvd's provide, and the internet is no longer needed to start up the lessons. In case of the cd-roms you have to register the first time you use a part (e.g. rock,latin, etc.). The following sessions start up without registering, but internet is needed for some kind of unlocking. Works great, but with the dvd's internet is no longer needed. If you concider buying the newly released dvd collection "UDS 2007", it is worth to check out his 80% reduction for the first 200 buyers. I am one of those lucy ones. So: I think it is worth every penny buying his collection, because of the hundreds of lessons and it is really for absolute beginners to advanced players. I wish there were more guys like Jack displaying there instruments the way he does!! Goodluck.

Dont be so cynical...its just 2 drummers using thier first (and probably only) ever posts here to praise the site ;)

Back