8x14 Sonor Bell Brass Snare

This snare (either the 590 or the 598) has been in my top 3 for a long time. While I prefer the look of the copper hardware on the older 590, I really like that there are very few holes drilled into my 598. Plus the parallel strainer mechanism looks complicated on the 590.

Unfortunately, the Ayotte Keplinger 6x13 was also in my top 3 snares, but I had to seel it to help finance this one. Oh well.
I have been to Veejays place when I bought his Signature kit.
I think to me your snare is the nicest looking one.
Thats just me. I am so glad Veejay did not bid on that and your wife was so cool.
Funny to be so excited for someone else.
Kudos to you for being so blessed.

A question.

Is the shell made of B20 bronze. The term "bell brass" seems to go with snares whereas the term "bell bronze" refers to cymbal casting.

Are they the same?

I know that bronze and brass are both alloys but I'm confused as to why both terms are used for the same material?

A question.

Is the shell made of B20 bronze. The term "bell brass" seems to go with snares whereas the term "bell bronze" refers to cymbal casting.

Are they the same?

I know that bronze and brass are both alloys but I'm confused as to why both terms are used for the same material?

they are not the same material

they are not the same material

OK, so which one is it? The thread title is "8x14 Sonor Bell Brass Snare" and everything else in the thread says bronze.

Just curious.

OK, so which one is it? The thread title is "8x14 Sonor Bell Brass Snare" and everything else in the thread says bronze.

Just curious.

Bronze is any alloy of copper and tin. Brass is any alloy of copper and zinc.

This snare is cast bronze. Sonor made both brass and bronze Signatures. The bronze is cast, while the brass is rolled and welded.

I kind of bastardized the term Bell Brass to generate more interest in the thread.

Though I personally like a snare that deep, this is probably the sexiest snare I've ever seen on here. Whooaaa momma....

Back