26" kick drum proclamation

What's that old saying? You can tune a 26-inch bass drum but you can't tuna fish.

Traditionally, the smallest Scotch marching bass - 26x10, would be good for gigs with small stages.

let's see he has Premier 8/14 tom, has room for the ride cymbal, DuPont boxes in background; whats that snare..rogers or?
that ride cymbal looks delightful

Last edited:
I dunno...it looks way cool but............that would move rack tom 4" to my left compared to my 18" kick. Also make kick 8" taller which also messes with rack tom placement. Messes with floor tom, too, putting it 4" further away. Plus what a PITA that would be to move around for gigs. That's a non-starter for me. It would look cool on stage, though.

I dunno...it looks way cool but............that would move rack tom 4" to my left compared to my 18" kick. Also make kick 8" taller which also messes with rack tom placement. Messes with floor tom, too, putting it 4" further away. Plus what a PITA that would be to move around for gigs. That's a non-starter for me. It would look cool on stage, though.
What are ya, chicken? 🐔🐔🐔🐔

Not trying to be pedantic, which of course means I'm going to be, but Scotch is a whisky (no 'e' in the Scottish spelling), "Scots marching bass" is what I believe you're after. :)
I've always called it a Scotch marching bass and that's the first time someone's corrected me.
Not saying you're wrong, but there is Scotch-Plaid, so I figured I was onto something 🤷‍♂️

...and then there's this...

Last edited:
I've always called it a Scotch marching bass and that's the first time someone's corrected me.
Not saying you're wrong, but there is Scotch-Plaid, so I figured I was onto something 🤷‍♂️

...and then there's this...

According to dictionaries I looked up, the general term for things from or pertaining to Scotland is Scottish. Scots is used for the Scots language and Scots law. Scotch is an adjective, meaning "of or from Scotland". Many Scots dislike the term "Scotch" and some consider it offensive. The modern usage in Scotland is Scottish or Scots, and the word Scotch is now only applied to specific products, mostly food or drink, such as Scotch whisky, Scotch pie and Scotch broth.

Confusing, aye!!!!

According to dictionaries I looked up, the general term for things from or pertaining to Scotland is Scottish. Scots is used for the Scots language and Scots law. Scotch is an adjective, meaning "of or from Scotland". Many Scots dislike the term "Scotch" and some consider it offensive. The modern usage in Scotland is Scottish or Scots, and the word Scotch is now only applied to specific products, mostly food or drink, such as Scotch whisky, Scotch pie and Scotch broth.

Confusing, aye!!!!
Being Scottish I must admit it's a pet peeve of mine when I see Scots being referred to as Scotch. You're research is indeed correct, most Scots dislike the term Scotch being used when talking about people from Scotland, but I can understand the confusion. :)

Back