Your winning lottery ticket and its effect.

Nothing wrong with bar gigs, of course most of us would love to have a roadie or roadie crew and just show up to the venue (a big venue for that matter), but even big acts (Metallica) play small clubs to get into the groove of things before going back to arenas. Now you can do a lot with very simple lighting, is not like it used to be before where you literally had to spend a small fortune to get decent setups. Not sure what kind of costumes you want so I can't say how expensive that would be, but as for playing charities, you can still do that now in your current state, yes it doesn't pay... that's why is called charity.
I realize a band can do all these things now, but I'd eliminate the bar gigs, simply because I've had my fill for the most part. I don't want to deal with know-nothing owners and ditzy managers anymore. Costuming would be great stage clothes for all band members if they wanted them, nothing weird, and lighting would be appropriate and tasteful. And of course, I'd hire a road crew. That's a given.

I've been a working musician for decades. so rest assured, I have a pretty good idea of how these things work. If I had the financial wherewithal to pull off a band like this the way I wanted, I'd do it.

I see a guy out at bars watching a Yacht Rock band here who won 340ish million in the lottery. Pretty sure I was supposed to win that but I had quit playing.

The 1st time I encountered him there was no seating so I stood right by his table. His friend kept giving me the stink eye like I wanted to steal 1 of the heavies at the table. The next week the news did a follow up piece about the winner and I recognized him from the table there, so I realized the friend must've been afraid I was going to try to kept a free drink or something instead of him, lol. I can tell the lottery winner is gay, but I'm not that easily bought, lol.

Last edited:
I see a guy out at bars watching a Yacht Rock band here who won 340ish million in the lottery. Pretty sure I was supposed to win that but I had quit playing.

The 1st time I encountered him there was no seating so I stood right by his table. His friend kept giving me the stink eye like I wanted to steal 1 of the heavies at the table. The next week the news did a follow up piece about the winner and I recognized him from the table there, so I realized the friend must've been afraid I was going to try to kept a free drink or something instead of him, lol. I can tell the lottery winner is gay, but I'm not that easily bought, lol.
I worked with a guy who had a partial win, like $250k or something. It was gone in like a month between cars, motorcycles, and toys. At one point he was selling the optional equipment (gps, stereo, etc) off the Harley he bought to pay his bills.

Yeah, 250k. That's not much money to spend lavishly, is it? Not sure what I'd do there.

When I think about buying a nice car/bike I don't get far. I'd have to clear the garage out and nothing's worth that amount of work. You can barely find the cars that are in there now, and they're pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20200703_152914.jpg
    20200703_152914.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 15
Good guesses. Pontiac LeMans, 1971. The other side of the garage isn't as messy, because it's hard to get over there, lol. 70 Judge over there. Project car.
hmm. Looks like an AMC Gremlin from my window.

property taxes taken care of forever

drum at leisure
This.
I'd of course buy my holy grail kit and play how & where it suited me.
But I can honestly say at 52, I would be the same me.
Ask me that at 25 & I'm sure you'd get a different answer.

Last edited:
Buy a big house in the country and build a big studio.
Write and record my next album.
Hire top musicians and road crew to go on the road with me to play the album.
Also...women :cool:
Probably blow my whole load in a few months because I'm an idiot with money. It burns my pockets!

I worked with a guy who had a partial win, like $250k or something. It was gone in like a month between cars, motorcycles, and toys. At one point he was selling the optional equipment (gps, stereo, etc) off the Harley he bought to pay his bills.

yeah...that is why I have my "90/10" rule:;

for any windfall over $5000, I would invest 90% and spend 10%

anything under $5000 is used to keep my head out of my a$$ bills wise

Nah, the winners mostly end up poor and broke in 5 years or less.

Which, I would offer, tells us more about the "winners" lack of financial savvy rather than the fact of acquiring a lottery win in and of itself.

The numbers have been very strange for a while now. While I dont play, i do check numbers constantly and observe the relationships within (trying to find the non-existent pattern).

For example, yesterday:
07 15 36 46 67 (07)

Lots of 6s and 7s. The number without either adds up to 6.

Saturdays numbers:

05 25 36 51 61 (01)

All multiples of 5 or 5+1. Except for the Powerball which is a 1.

Last Wednesday:

09 10 20 22 52 (25)

Lots of 0s and 2s. Also, the Powerball number is a regular number backwards.

I can do this with almost any group of lotto numbers. It just dont mean 💩 though. This is something I've been doing forever and can still say I cant find a pattern.

anything under $5000 is used to keep my head out of my a$$ bills wise
This is almost always my first thought with "free" money. Next is "what do I need" (new tires, this kinda thing).

This is almost always my first thought with "free" money. Next is "what do I need" (new tires, this kinda thing).

yep, and it sucks because my needs list has all of that free money spent before I have it

but as I have become older and wiser, my needs list has also been pared down a bit..like I don't need a 70's era Jeep CJ-7; or another drum set; or another mountain bike....

and who would have thought that the "fun" items on that list have become a new shower enclosure for the upstairs bathroom, or new backyard fencing

If i won the lottery i quit my job and i want become a professional drummer and i don't need more gear because now i already have all equipment thath i need. Maybe i will spend some money for starting a vinyl collection with a good Hi-Fi setup because i have a passion for music and stereo but now i listen music with PC and headphones because i spend all my money for drum lessons, gear and i'm saving some money for build a soundproof studio where i play drums, listen music ecc...

I’m like @larryace . Time and freedom would be the most precious gift as I don’t need anymore drums!! That said, I’d use the cash to build my own home studio to compose and record my own stuff. I’d spend as much time with my wife and son as they’ll let me and set about writing and illustrating a graphic novel. My bro’s and their families would get enough so they could quit work and pursue their own interests. I’d gig with anybody whose company I enjoy and visit/hang out with some of you cats if you were up for it…I’d also track down @C.M. Jones and @felonious69 and ask them where the heck they’ve been this past couple of months!!:)(y)

I would retire my retirement anxiety and use that energy to make more music and positively influence my community.

Back