Your next planned purchase

RickP

Gold Member
Hey Forrummites
What is your next planned purchase ? Drum set ? Cymbals ? Snare drum ? Come on feed up inquiring minds want to know !!

For me personally I am going back and forth between some 602 thin crashes in 17” and 19” or a Sonor Phonic reissue snare with Rosewood veneer in and out .

Attachments

• 60301A23-4EDE-4B5E-94BF-C44E2911808E.jpeg
    60301A23-4EDE-4B5E-94BF-C44E2911808E.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3
For major purchases it would be a 6.5 black beauty and/or some 15” hi-hats. I’m in no big hurry for either so it will likely be within the next year or so.

Believe it or not, as a staunch "anti gear" guy, I'm seriously considering getting a MAPEX Armory kit in 10, 12, 14, 16 22x16 BD configuration.

My girlfriend has been nagging me to get it for days now.

Then I can use my Remo Acousticon kit as a club/bop kit with lots of combinations in terms of spare drum sizes......it's got a 18 floor tom that I can convert to a bass drum.

Believe it or not, as a staunch "anti gear" guy, I'm seriously considering getting a MAPEX Armory kit in 10, 12, 14, 16 22x16 BD configuration.

My girlfriend has been nagging me to get it for days now.

You gotta know that a girlfriend or wife nagging their significant other to get drum gear is in itself reason enough to get it ?!
We should all be so LUCKY ?!!!!!!!

You gotta know that a girlfriend or wife nagging their significant other to get drum gear is in itself reason enough to get it ?!
We should all be so LUCKY ?!!!!!!!

She went absolutely bananas when I showed her a link to the kit I want. Completely bananas........"Get it Ben! Get it NOW Ben! I love it! Do you love me Ben? Get it NOW!"

Trick driveshaft. My current driveshaft has too much slop for heel toe. Hopefully within a month or so.

At some point I need a rack. I currently have a tripod mess and it drives me nuts. It might just be one bar, it might be a full rack, I haven't decided yet.

Always more cymbals of course. That's never planned though, it just sort of happens. Then I need more stands, which adds to the mess, hence the need for a rack.

Trick driveshaft. My current driveshaft has too much slop for heel toe. Hopefully within a month or so.

At some point I need a rack. I currently have a tripod mess and it drives me nuts. It might just be one bar, it might be a full rack, I haven't decided yet.

Always more cymbals of course. That's never planned though, it just sort of happens. Then I need more stands, which adds to the mess, hence the need for a rack.

Mr Polack sir?

My life wasn't the same until I got a rack.

I want to get one of the Zoom cameras, or something I can make half-decent videos with. Mostly for the sound quality.

Also maybe online lessons, or Bill Bachman's site.

the tama iron cobra series hi hat stands are all that you will ever need. Their hardware is so functional, reliable, and customizable. The best!

Was looking at them on line last night .

What do you think of or .... any experience with this stand ........

Found this today......

1. I am having a custom Cocktail drum built later on this spring. I play in 2 bands that this would be perfect for, and have always wanted one

2. double bass pedal

3. 20" Zildjian K Custom ride

now, if stuff would stop breaking around the house, the path towards these items would be much smoother. Who needs hot water and a roof anyways right?

Was looking at them on line last night .

What do you think of or .... any experience with this stand ........

Found this today......

I'm more experienced with the velo and lever glides. More expensive at the outset but you will never need another stand again.

I've got the faux-Neil kit set back up, and am once again fighting with the volume jump with the Wuhan china. So I guess it's about time to look into 19" Paragon Chinese like I should have done many years ago...

EDIT: I've got one coming my way. Be gone, sudden volume jump!

Last edited:
Back