YOUR bands' album covers

dude!! I remember my jazz band going into the studio in HS - 1986. Our rhythm section was made up of 3 of the 4 guys in my rock band back then: me on bass, my friend Jer on drums, and my friend Andy on guitar. We had recorded at the studio before so we knew the engineer and the set up. It was a blast and also a bi**h b/c our director knew NOTHING about being in the studio, but wanted to be in charge. We did so many unnecessary takes b/c he would not let the engineer do his job...

on the cool side, we actually got to mix the album, do overdub solo's and help with set up and tear down. We were definitely "studio rats" back then
Those were the days when you could spend a day fn off in studio playing the same song 20 times and then go out until about 2 am

dude!! I remember my jazz band going into the studio in HS - 1986. Our rhythm section was made up of 3 of the 4 guys in my rock band back then: me on bass, my friend Jer on drums, and my friend Andy on guitar. We had recorded at the studio before so we knew the engineer and the set up. It was a blast and also a bi**h b/c our director knew NOTHING about being in the studio, but wanted to be in charge. We did so many unnecessary takes b/c he would not let the engineer do his job...

on the cool side, we actually got to mix the album, do overdub solo's and help with set up and tear down. We were definitely "studio rats" back then
That’s really cool. I was just a dummer and didn’t know anything about the studio equipment. I just loved to play. The two sax players were cool black guys who kept trying to get me and the other drummer to play something besides 2 & 4 downbeats haha. I think I eventually figured out that jazz wasn’t ACDC.

Those were the days when you could spend a day fn off in studio playing the same song 20 times and then go out until about 2 am

man, I would do my tracks, then hang around while everyone else did theirs; then go into mixing...we would sleep in one of the empty studios and get up the next day and go. We were hardcore...

I went to The Recording Workshop in Massieville Ohio back in 93...and my band had been a guinea pig band there since the mid 80's...it was sort of my home away from home back in the day.

There were many times my junior and senior year of high school that we would go down on a weeknight...leave school right at 3; do the hour drive down to the studio, and record from 5pm-6am, and then drive back and change clothes in the school parking lot and do another day of school on no sleep...freaking awesome!! By senior year, we would skip that next day of school

In general, I love how those guys from Splinter Cell do their covers, really creative and interesting. They know how to relate the cove with the hole album, so that makes it even greater. But there are also legendary covers that deserves our attention. I don't want to enumerate them because they are legendary. But I will say that my favourite one is NEVERMIND by NIRVANA. I don't know how they reach to such a divine idea, a real baby under the water, amazing! Btw, making covers with music album cover maker is my main hobby, usually I do this in the evening, I have a collection of hundreds of covers, maybe one day someone will appreciate them.

Last edited:
You don't like Nirvana because of sad songs? Man... It's the vibe of Cobain's generation - sadness, melancholy and other 15 yo stuff. The first time I heard Nirvana was on old Nokia and free stock music service. Since then, I can't imagine how people could pay for listening to music online, lol. Poor Apple users. About covers - it's another strong side of Nirvana. They could feel how their music should be represented visually. Every poster is like a piece of art in the music world - you can't confuse them with anything else. Unique songs with unique album covers.

Last edited:
Back