yamaha tour custom

ratsalad83

my new yamaha tour custom is due to arrive at the end of this month all reviews have praised this kit as a great sounding kit for the lower price range. anyone got one ? im playing a gretsch catalina rock at the mo although I like it the toms can sound a little kettle drum like and the snare is not great

Don't know if my answer will help or not, but here it goes...if the Yamaha Tour Customs are built with the same shell and hardware spec. as they were in the late 80's early 90's, those will be some good drums for you. I was in the U.S. Navy Band during those years and those were the drums that were purchased for all the Fleet Bands. They served us well with the sound quality ( I played Big-Band and Show Music) the other guys played pop-rock. The drums travelled tens of thousands of miles a year, put up with a hell of a lot of use but still looked and sounded great. I wish I still had them ! Anyways, I had some real good times with those drums. For the price point, they should be a real winner. Enjoy!

i have the special edition Moto X Tour Custom...

and i love it!
it is a great drumset!

mine has the 24x17 bass, and man does it boom!....my guitarist was asking me to quit kickin it so hard cause it was so loud..haha..

and the snare that comes with it is really good for a stock snare....it is my fav. aside to my acrolite..

and the toms sound really nice and deep with the right heads..

i have Evans G2's on them now, and they sound good! but im looking to try the new Remo Black Suedes...cant wait!

Alex

great thanks for your comments I believe there are the same spec as the old ones so that's good news. my bass will be 22 * 17 I got this cos I play a 26 at the mo and fancy the change. I get the same comments from my guitarist about the noise from it. I usually send him packing with a headache , lol

Back