yamaha DTX700 module - no rim click sound ?!

markSearson

Just set up my dual zone trigger properly on my Yamaha DTX700 module and it's triggering the rim seperate from the head. So that's good. If I connect it to addictive drums and assign the rim click sound to the rim it works perfectly. So as long as I use addictive drums I have no problem at all. But what if I need to use the sounds direct from the module ( in an emergency ) ? It seems the rim sound is only set up for doing rim shots, not edge sticking. Am I missing something ?

Two options I know of: 1) Acquire the 3-zone snare drum pad to have all three sounds (snare drum, snare rim shot, and cross stick); or 2) download the free app "DTX700 Touch" off iTunes. I was told the Touch app allows you to assign whatever voice you desire to the rim. I have yet to do this, so just passing on what I've learned in my search to edit sounds. Let us know what you find out.

Two options I know of: 1) Acquire the 3-zone snare drum pad to have all three sounds (snare drum, snare rim shot, and cross stick); or 2) download the free app "DTX700 Touch" off iTunes. I was told the Touch app allows you to assign whatever voice you desire to the rim. I have yet to do this, so just passing on what I've learned in my search to edit sounds. Let us know what you find out.
I have the touch app on my iphone but apparently you have to buy a specific cable that costs around 35 dollars and I'm short of cash so I'll enjoy addictive drums for the time being.

You can change the sound on any part of the kit to be anything you want. All the the manual. Hit the zone on the the pad you want to change, and dial in whatever sound you want.

You can change the sound on any part of the kit to be anything you want. All the the manual. Hit the zone on the the pad you want to change, and dial in whatever sound you want.
Wow. Loads of sounds in there. Curiously , no straight rim click, but I'm sure I can import a wav file of one, and if I can't find one on the net I can make my own. I have a good mic. :) - Gonna get into some good reggae drumming practice. I think a rim click sound is a must.

rim "click"?

cross-stick? rim-shot?

Back