Wish list 2022

Al Strange

Platinum Member
Last year we had @Justinhub2003 proclaiming that he’d reached the end of gear road in 2020, and there wasn’t so much as a sniff of a new snare drum and set of cymbals for @C.M. Jones ! @Odd-Arne Oseberg was sharpening his archery skills to prep for the legal slaughter of countless innocent Norwegian animals (or was it lead guitarists?! (;))), whilst @Hewitt2 was hunting down his favourite pro drummers for lessons.

@s1212z wanted an 80” Paiste gong, whilst @MusiQmaN scored his Division Bell dream! @Old Dog new Cans was embarking on a number of cool resto projects (we need more pics!) whilst crosstown, @Swissward Flamtacles was concerned about his nuts!!:LOL:

@Supergrobi wished for the end of CV-19 and @ottog1979 and @Suburbankidz just wanted gigs; signs are looking good for 2022 guys! :)(y)

I know for some of us that new year means new gear…but what’s at the top of your wish list for 2022, gear related or otherwise?:unsure::)(y)

I need to be Bill Gates for 2022 so I can visit the Sonor factory and hand over whatever cash necessary for an 18x22..8x12..2-14x14's and a 16x16 in Sonors violet/purple covering so i can put an end to this Sonor monkey on my back for the last 30 years. NOW..the 20" Paiste signature fast crash I can get on my own.

Last edited:
Last year we had @Justinhub2003 proclaiming that he’d reached the end of gear road in 2020, and there wasn’t so much as a sniff of a new snare drum and set of cymbals for @C.M. Jones ! @Odd-Arne Oseberg was sharpening his archery skills to prep for the legal slaughter of countless innocent Norwegian animals (or was it lead guitarists?! (;))), whilst @Hewitt2 was hunting down his favourite pro drummers for lessons.

@s1212z wanted an 80” Paiste gong, whilst @MusiQmaN scored his Division Bell dream! @Old Dog new Cans was embarking on a number of cool resto projects (we need more pics!) whilst crosstown, @Swissward Flamtacles was concerned about his nuts!!:LOL:

@Supergrobi wished for the end of CV-19 and @ottog1979 and @Suburbankidz just wanted gigs; signs are looking good for 2022 guys! :)(y)

I know for some of us that new year means new gear…but what’s at the top of your wish list for 2022, gear related or otherwise?:unsure::)(y)

Nice recap indeed!

Sadly I will need to update my “desperately seeking instructor” thread with my latest Odyssean wanderings- not for the faint of heart. A stout brandy and nearby fainting couch are heartily recommended.

Bowhunting is still not legal in Norway, but it's up for evaluation.

Not up for hunting everything. I think. e.g. that we should leave the few wolves we have in peace.

No real music equipment plans except for the stuff I've already ordered. Things are to uncertain to spend much money on such things. Just a few things to complete my modular practice setup.

I am however adding a few pieces to my outdoor gear. Just being more in the outdoors is a priority and I want to increase my options in ways to do it with different sizes and types of kit all year round.

Last edited:
I would like one day, just one, where no one intentionally harms or kills another human. Just one day. I dont think that's too much to ask.

Gear wise, I would like my newly acquired AHEAD sticks to last a year. That would be totally acceptable.

I wish for a second bassdrum during the summer for my Hybrid Oak kit. And a new hihat stand, as I just sold the one I had to a drummer friend that needed one quick (I practice with my guitarist kit, so it isn't really a big priority but I would like my own to bring to gigs).

I want to greatly expand my personal collection of the cymbals I sell, Cymbal & Gong: additional 20" and 22" jazz rides, 20" Merseybeat ride, we're doing a 22" Billy Higgins-type cymbal, I want one of those; some 15" light hihats, 14" Second Line swish cymbal, 18" Turk ride. 20" heavy patina Janavar (Giant Beat style) crash/ride with rivets. Lots of things.

I should probably buy some sticks, too.

I would like one day, just one, where no one intentionally harms or kills another human. Just one day. I dont think that's too much to ask.

Gear wise, I would like my newly acquired AHEAD sticks to last a year. That would be totally acceptable.
Got die cast rims? I'm baffled why they don't put a flat top on the edge like pressed rims have. That sharp edge looks like stick-murder.

Someone I can play my beloved Yamaha kit with - with a place to play them.
(They've been bagged and sealed up in my garage for almost all of 2 years now. 😳)
Only my E kit keeps me sane!

Edit: and Dream Bliss hihats and a Turkish/Indian rug please.

17” Paiste Sig crash
19” Meinl Byzantine Medium Thin Trad crash
15” hats and >20” ride
Gibralter stealth rack for my floor tom side
Refurb on my Speed King
a small kit for my 5 year old

17” Paiste Sig crash
19” Meinl Byzantine Medium Thin Trad crash
15” hats and >20” ride
Gibralter stealth rack for my floor tom side
Refurb on my Speed King
a small kit for my 5 year old
What kit are you looking at for the little ‘un?:unsure:

I spent last year putting the finishing touches on my two kits, so I have most of what I want/need at this point. The last big thing on my wish list is a good set of mics/stands/cables. I guess another wish would be a cool project to use them for.

Back