Will a Roland PM-200 handle a SPD-SX and also 5-6 mics on an acoustic kit?

Skydog6653

Been playing the SPD through the keyboard players amp but he’s complaining that his power is dipping too low. New to the electronics end of drums.

electrodrummer

As above.
Use the venue PA. (or band's PA is there's no venue PA)

Skydog6653

Been using band pa but keys complained it was robbing too much of his power. I’d really like a stand alone pa for drums only.

electrodrummer

Been using band pa but keys complained it was robbing too much of his power. I’d really like a stand alone pa for drums only.

Never heard of that before! band PA - "robbing of too much [of his] power"? ;) (you said keyboard player's "amp" not the band's PA in your original question - what is it?)

If it's the band PA - what else is going thru it?

Yes, you could get your own PA for the drums - nothing to stop your obs. Free world. But I'd look to upgrade the band PA (why carry two PAs to a gig?) or upgrade the keyboard player ;)

Skydog6653

Never heard of that before! band PA - "robbing of too much [of his] power"? ;) (you said keyboard player's "amp" not the band's PA in your original question - what is it?)

If it's the band PA - what else is going thru it?

Yes, you could get your own PA for the drums - nothing to stop your obs. Free world. But I'd look to upgrade the band PA (why carry two PAs to a gig?) or upgrade the keyboard player ;)
Sorry, meant PA, not amp. Currently the keys player doubles on guitar. Also vox and bass are in PA. They do some shows as a trio (sans drums) and some as a duo, minus bass. The existing PA covers those scenarios.