Why Oh Why

Drumdame

Silver Member
My latest video... it will be 2 years next month that I've been playing but out of 2 years I've been playing for about a year and a half because I had a severe neck injury and was in physical therapy for a good year on and off. Unfortunately I'm back in physical therapy again and slowly coming back to my passion. Now for me, playing drums is my physical therapy... anyway I'm just having fun, 70 years Young! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Less than 2 years?? Wow! Outstanding progress! (y) I guarantee your husband is looking down with great pride! 😇

Drums can be excellent therapy, both physical and mental. As our own Mr. Strange would say, "Keep smashing it!"
Wow for you to remember that my husband is no longer here is pretty awesome... what a memory! We would have had so much fun together (he was also a drummer). I have two kits set up in my cellar and now I drum with my son who's been drumming for over 25 years.

Drummer_D

Last edited:
It looks and sounds like you’re a natural! Great job!
I don't know if you ever read the story about Gene Krupa speaking over my life in 1952 when he was in concert at White City in Shrewsbury, Mass. My parents went to see him in concert (my father was also a drummer). When the concert was over he walked over to my parents and saw me cradled in my mother's arms and said "she looks like she's going to be a drummer" while he handed my father a pair of his signature drumsticks that I still have till this day.

The only regret I have was not picking up the sticks when I was younger. As I've said in many of my other posts...

"You're never too old to be Young and never too old to Drum"!

Drummer_D

My latest video... it will be 2 years next month that I've been playing but out of that about a year and a half because I had a severe neck injury and was in physical therapy for a good year on and off. Unfortunately I'm back in physical therapy again and slowly coming back to my passion. Now for me, playing drums is my physical therapy... anyway I'm just having fun, 70 years young LOL. Enjoy!

holy crap..your power has gotten way better, which has helped your groove interp also get more solid!!!

holy crap..your power has gotten way better, which has helped your groove interp also get more solid!!!
Thank you... it's been really rough for me ever since I had that neck injury. I have to be very careful on how much power that I use or I'll be in physical therapy till eternity. lol

Awesome-sounding sweet . It is good therapy and a heck of a lot of fun.

so coolio - love it - the dynamics!!

Thank you so much Bernhard.

And I also want to thank you for creating such an awesome drum forum. I have a lot of Awesome Drum Buddies now that I can enjoy from all over the world. Thanks again.

"And The Beat Goes On"

Drummer_D

Last edited:
That is crazy. I would have thought you'd been playing at least two or three years, and maybe more like five, rather than a year and a half. Awesome!

Splendid playing. Be mindful of what the body tells you ..... and drum on !!!;)

I loved loved LOVED this! Great job!

My latest video... it will be 2 years next month that I've been playing but out of 2 years I've been playing for about a year and a half because I had a severe neck injury and was in physical therapy for a good year on and off. Unfortunately I'm back in physical therapy again and slowly coming back to my passion. Now for me, playing drums is my physical therapy... anyway I'm just having fun, 70 years Young! Enjoy!

Absolutely fantastic.. This is why I love drumming. Well done.. Some cool dynamics in there.. 👍❤️

Back