Why do I get so many conservative banner ads here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK-421

Just like the title says. Everything from guns to Trump, I see banner ads for them here all the freakin' time. And I never see them anywhere else. It certainly can't have anything to do with my browsing habits, as I'm pretty liberal and never visit sites that would trigger ads like these.

Am I the only one seeing these regularly? If you're a conservative, I'm sure you'd see these on tons of other sites. But if you're liberal, do you see them only on Drummerworld? TBH it's getting a bit annoying and I wish they'd go away.

By the way, I DON'T want this to turn into a rant about liberal vs. conservative, or Trump-bashing or anything like that. And if I see anyone posting "libtard" or anything even remotely derogatory, I'm immediately and permanently blocking you.

Let's keep this civil, and to the topic at hand.

I'd never even noticed ads in this forum until you mentioned them. I'm mostly immune to advertising. I either deliberately shun it or subconsciously ignore it. I was born to be a marketing agent's nightmare, I suppose. The only way to sell me something is to leave me alone.

Well, I am on the other side of the political "fence"... and I see ads for NYT and software that has no relevance to me. So... I am not sure what's going on. Lol
Mike B

Just like the title says. Everything from guns to Trump, I see banner ads for them here all the freakin' time. And I never see them anywhere else. It certainly can't have anything to do with my browsing habits, as I'm pretty liberal and never visit sites that would trigger ads like these.

Am I the only one seeing these regularly? If you're a conservative, I'm sure you'd see these on tons of other sites. But if you're liberal, do you see them only on Drummerworld? TBH it's getting a bit annoying and I wish they'd go away.

By the way, I DON'T want this to turn into a rant about liberal vs. conservative, or Trump-bashing or anything like that. And if I see anyone posting "libtard" or anything even remotely derogatory, I'm immediately and permanently blocking you.

Let's keep this civil, and to the topic at hand.
So, google or whomever is selling the ad space, and the Trump superpacs have simply purchased that ad space. Although political ads are often targeted, some are not. So what you’re seeing is just the spending of money. Like billboards along a freeway.

I took a break for about a month, but I remember something about ads at the top being a pain in the ass.

I do know my TV is watching me. It knows I get up several times during the night, because I'm getting ads for insomnia medication and adult diapers. The other day I was googling someone on the computer and the guy's name came up on the TV.

I'll keep an eye out though!

EDIT: Okay, I was googling someone in the news - John Bolton and his book. 3 more days...

Last edited:
I've just begun seeing ads recently, but pretty random stuff and rarely ties to my product browsing. Nothing political though.

Bermuda

I checked in the Safari browser and got Wayfair, sexy women’s clothes, refinancing, Jeep Cherokee, contact center, drum lessons, etc. Other browsers block ads.

I’m in Los Angeles.
I'm also in LA and am using Safari. I see tons of random stuff as well, but this is literally the only site where I see conservative ads. And it's not just on occasion, it's All. The. Time. Maybe not every single day, but most days. And it's literally only here. I don't see that stuff anywhere else. That's why I was starting to wonder. Most banner ads are targeted in some way, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing online to generate this.

I'm starting to wonder if conservative advertisers are just buying a bunch of space on DW for some reason.

I didn’t even know there were ads here, so I opened this same thread in an incognito window and got some adorable pet ads from a place called chewy.com (and now I’m almost certainly on their radar). I guess my adblockers work better than I knew. (I’m on Chrome.)

The ad are usually pretty random- I'm looking at now ia bout "Worried about you Liver" and generally I don't pay any attention-but in general I'm seeing more political ads from both major parties since its a presidential election year. I'll be glad when it's over because I've about had my fill of all of them TBH. I'm hoping for a miracle and they cancel the election LOL.

The ad are usually pretty random- I'm looking at now ia bout "Worried about you Liver" and generally I don't pay any attention-but in general I'm seeing more political ads from both major parties since its a presidential election year. I'll be glad when it's over because I've about had my fill of all of them TBH. I'm hoping for a miracle and they cancel the election LOL.
Ha, I'm getting a lot of those liver ads too.

Here's one of the gun ads I was referring to (ironically enough, on this very thread). It's my second time seeing it tonight. I haven't seen a Trump ad yet this evening, but I'm sure I will soon.

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 8.45.53 PM.png

Here are two more.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 9.35.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 9.49.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 9.35.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 9.35.48 AM.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ads are why I use the browser, etc. that I'm using. I have no need for most, if not all, of what's being sold. ;)

We are all probably being profiled by AI for social re-engineering where they put on ads that will subliminally alter your voting choice and you'll buy a gun. Makes sense I don't see them I have a closet full of my Dad's old guns, my guns, that I never use and collect dust (with move my wife is fussing there are in our new closet). I actually thought about selling them all for more drum stuff but now it's turning into the Wild West I'm keeping mine a bit. Then I don't generally vote so I guess why waste their time on me-which is exactly why we have so many non-voters "Why waste my time on you". It should be a hemorrhoid ads because they are a pain in the butt LOL.It is disturbing that even scientist are discussing the ethics of psychological/neurosciene manipulation of people to alter their behavior to climate change, etc. Now ten years ago it wouldn't have never been a question-heck no it isn't ethical but now apparently no one cares and it's being implemented. Seems everyone is trying to manipulate us nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back