Who’s to blame?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Courier should have checked before it was shipped. They accepted thae package. Sometimes a good shake can give clues as to how well it's packed. If UPS decides it was packed incorrectly the seller should give credit or refund, but I would persue it for the cost of a hoop.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Couriers never check if you show up with package taped/sealed/ ready to ship. I've shipped items insured for thousands and never had UPS or FedEx inspect package.

rhumbagirl

he broke it before he put it in the box
If the item is something I really like, I'll send the seller specific packaging instructions for drop-safeness. If they give me hassle right off the bat, I know something's up. If the item comes damaged and they ignored my packaging instructions, then I suspect it was damaged to begin with, and they are hoping to blame shipping or something. Especially if the damage is to an area not shown in the ad pics.

On Ebay, if the item is listed as "no returns accepted", you get to keep the item AND get reimbursed the item cost and shipping.

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
If the item is something I really like, I'll send the seller specific packaging instructions for drop-safeness. If they give me hassle right off the bat, I know something's up. If the item comes damaged and they ignored my packaging instructions, then I suspect it was damaged to begin with, and they are hoping to blame shipping or something. Especially if the damage is to an area not shown in the ad pics.

On Ebay, if the item is listed as "no returns accepted", you get to keep the item AND get reimbursed the item cost and shipping.
I believe it wasn’t broken beforehand, it just wasn’t packed correctly. I love the kit and have already gotten repairs started. I can’t wait 30-60 days for UPS to make some kind of decision.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Update: after notifying Reverb, they gladly got in touch with the seller and he told them what he told me about UPS wanting to “investigate”. I replied to Reverb a 30-60 wait just to find out they wouldn’t cover it is unacceptable and explained a partial refund to cover the repair is all that’s needed. Reverb contacted them seller and he just issued me a $50 refund which is what I was after.

Reverb was suggesting returning the whole thing and getting a full refund which was nice, but unnecessary. So it’s all worked out.

Bozozoid

I can't do time...im allergic to jail..i break out in stripes. Cancel the jalapeno Bo..thankfully it all worked out. I'll never use the word ghost pepper as long as I live!.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Update: after notifying Reverb, they gladly got in touch with the seller and he told them what he told me about UPS wanting to “investigate”. I replied to Reverb a 30-60 wait just to find out they wouldn’t cover it is unacceptable and explained a partial refund to cover the repair is all that’s needed. Reverb contacted them seller and he just issued me a $50 refund which is what I was after.

Reverb was suggesting returning the whole thing and getting a full refund which was nice, but unnecessary. So it’s all worked out.
Glad it worked out. Reverb is great in protecting buyers. Their new payment system stinks for sellers, though.