Which Crash to Buy?

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I am planning to buy a Sabian 18 inch or 19 inch thin crash next week. I am considering the AA Raw Bell Crash, the AA Thin Crash, the AAX Thin Crash, and the AAX X-plosion Fast Crash. If you have an opinion or experience with any of these, please comment below. Have an excellent 2021. Peace and goodwill.

Being a dyed in the wool Paiste guy I'd opt for the aaxplosion for their shimmer. If I ever dumped my signatures the aaxplosions would be in the wings

I already have an AA 16" Thin Crash that I really like. I also have an SR2 15" Thin Crash. I want an 18" that complements the AA16" Thin Crash. I am leaning towards the AA Raw Bell Crash. I was hoping that others who have some of those mentioned in the original post will chime in. Thanks for the responses so far. Peace and goodwill.

I'd get a 19" thin. That's a very personal recommendation, however. Large, VERY THIN crashes are in a lower and washier tonal range that works really well for me right now.

I ended up buying two crashes from My Cymbal.com. I ordered a 17 inch and an 18 inch AAX Studio Crashes, which are thin and open easily. Thanks for all of the responses. Peace and goodwill.

They arrived at my house yesterday. They sound great and blend with what I already had. I will take pictures in a few days. Peace and goodwill.

So the thin crashes are great but I've cracked a few. If they are for recording I might consider a thin crash. If this is for everyday practice, giging ect, I'd go with the AAX Xplosion crash or the raw bell, probably a little more durable. I have a couple 16 & 17' raw bells and I like them. I have a whole set of Xplosions and those are probably my favorite ones.

Looks like the left is a brilliant model and the left a natural?

Good observation! I have not cracked any cymbal for over forty years. I rarely play loud. I know the picture is not very good. Thanks for all the responses. Peace and goodwill.

Reactions: iCe
Back