Where to buy a Roland SPD-SX pad

Perhaps it would be good if you told use your country? Big planet out here :)

That's a pretty standard item for any of the major stores - Sweetwater, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc. in the U.S. - and they'll usually have the same price: $719.99. Depending where you are, if ordering online, you may be able to save tax and shipping.

That's a pretty standard item for any of the major stores - Sweetwater, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc. in the U.S. - and they'll usually have the same price: $719.99. Depending where you are, if ordering online, you may be able to save tax and shipping.
Alright Thanks i'll take a look tonight . i saw you have one is that correct?

there is a used one i found it here at Guitar Center and it is in great condition , still works it costs 474.99$ you use one right because i can see in your drum set up . IMG-1469 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
there is a used one i found it here at Guitar Center and it is in great condition , still works it costs 474.99$ you use one right because i can see in your drum set up .

The pads are pretty beaten on that, which means the sensors underneath may be faulty or broken, or may fail soon. If that pad looked better, I would say check it out. But if it was me, I'd pay the extra $245 and get a brand new one, complete with warranty.

I've been playing mine for almost 10 years - 455 on-stage performances - and it looks nothing like that one!

The pads are pretty beaten on that, which means the sensors underneath may be faulty or broken, or will may fail soon. If that pad looked better, I would say check it out. But if it was me, I'd pay the extra $245 and get a brand new one, complete with warranty.

I've been playing mine for almost 10 years, and it looks nothing like that one!
Oh Thanks! for pointing out i will try to save extra for a good one

I recommend picking one up from stevewiessmusic.com, they have a promotion where you get a stand with it for free. Which is good because you will need one. Or you can scout reverb for a used one. Sometimes (just sometimes) people price their stuff reasonably on there.

Edit: That is the highest quality photo I have EVER seen from Guitar Center's used site. lol

I play one as well. I think I got mine from Sweetwater.

Mine is 10 years old and looks like new compared to this:oops:
That's not my experience with them, I bought mine late last year and it's looking pretty close to that.

And I don't abuse or overuse it, plus I have a dust cover for it.

These things 'age' pretty fast in my experience

The pads are pretty beaten on that, which means the sensors underneath may be faulty or broken, or may fail soon. If that pad looked better, I would say check it out. But if it was me, I'd pay the extra $245 and get a brand new one, complete with warranty.

I've been playing mine for almost 10 years - 455 on-stage performances - and it looks nothing like that one!
What songs do you use the pad for any idea? like sample's or tracks
You’re right I can see the damage on the pad’s thanks for the heads up about it
Good idea but Guitar Center just ran out of stock so i will need to work over the summer to get money to get one of my own -Thanks and sorry for the late response

Last edited:
The SPD-SX offers more control and flexibility, IMO. Call Sweetwater or DCP and see if they can hook you up. Get a case, too. And some triggers.

Good info here:

One note : it only has 2 trigger inputs so I will need a cable splitter to add a kick pad like the KT-10 or a snare pad like the PDX -8 or PDA-100

One note : it only has 2 trigger inputs so I will need a cable splitter to add a kick pad like the KT-10 or a snare pad like the PDX -8 or PDA-100
It technically has four - you can run two dual zone pads (four sounds) with one cable each or four separate single zone triggers using splitter cables.
The KT10 is a single zone trigger - the PDX-8 and PDA-100 are dual zone.

Back