Where did it go?

WuHan Solo

Regardless, I think everybody over there that is trying to show how well-read they are on a topic has become tiresome for me.

The humor I get out of it is no one has learned that nothing the "other side" (whatever side that may be) has said is going to change that person's mind/opinion.

I feel the same. Facts don't seem to get in the way of emotional charged bloviating about bovine.

Or...maybe it's not humorous...it's sad.
It's sad. Truly, it's sad, but like we've said before, you have to laugh at the situation, otherwise you'll cry.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I feel the same. Facts don't seem to get in the way of emotional charged bloviating about bovine.

It's sad. Truly, it's sad, but like we've said before, you have to laugh at the situation, otherwise you'll cry.
I'm crying. Laughing outside, but crying inside.

planoranger

If that rule comes into effect I'll happily choose another drum forum to frequent. Sounds way too authoritarian for my liking as it reads currently.

(Saying that as someone who probably has reported about ten posts in 11 years)
Well you have reported 10 more posts than I have. The way I look at posts is the same way I look at TV programs. If it's something I don't like or approve of I just won't watch it. But there is no way I'm going cry to Mommy or Daddy about it. I solve my own problems.

But that's just me. Obviously, you feel differently about it, which is fine. Our differences are our greatest strengths sometimes.

Juniper

Gold Member
Well you have reported 10 more posts than I have. The way I look at posts is the same way I look at TV programs. If it's something I don't like or approve of I just won't watch it. But there is no way I'm going cry to Mommy or Daddy about it. I solve my own problems.

But that's just me. Obviously, you feel differently about it, which is fine. Our differences are our greatest strengths sometimes.
So me spending pretty much every day on here for over 11 years (say 4,015 days) and reporting (say) ten posts out of the thousands of hours I’ve spent on here and thousands on thousands of individual threads / comments I’ve viewed in that time is almost me “crying to mummy and daddy” or simply using a tool the forum provides to ask for a mod to step in/ diffuse a situation?…etc

Last edited:

planoranger

So me spending pretty much every day on here for over 11 years (say 4,015 days) and reporting (say) ten posts out of the thousands of hours I’ve spent on here and thousands on thousands of individual threads / comments I’ve viewed in that time is almost me “crying to mummy and daddy” or simply using a tool the forum provides to ask for a mod to step in/ diffuse a situation?…etc

I’m hardly prolific!!
No I was NOT referring to you. I was referring to the way I view how I would handle things. I am not condemning you at all. But I will say that you might be a little quick to think that someone might be condemning you.

Juniper

Gold Member
No I was NOT referring to you. I was referring to the way I view how I would handle things. I am not condemning you at all. But I will say that you might be a little quick to think that someone might be condemning you.
Fair dos

And no I don’t feel condemned, but using a tool the forum provides is hardly “crying to mummy and daddy” is it, nor should using it four times in a year potentially face a ban.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I honestly don't understand the demonization of reporting posts. It's kind of ridiculous in my opinion. We aren't reporting Jews in Nazi Germany, for heaven's sake. It's a drum forum.

The report tool is there because it isn't feasible for the few lonely moderators to read every part in every thread. It's just a heads up. They aren't required to act on a report.

And yes, I imagine some people report way too much, but I am certain those people are in the minority.