What's your latest purchase?

View attachment 125311

250 bucks including cymbals and stands. Was supposed to become a beater kit for my studio/rehearsal room complex, but now we have other crazy plans for it, please be patient ^^
I've got a 13x9 in the same finish from the same era. Looks to be in as good of shape, too.
Pretty sure mine is pre-Export, though.

Last edited:
As promised here is the pic once it would arrive. Shiny!
Sadly band practice is cancelled Friday and can't try them out in a live situation, but when I'm done with work I will whip out a hi-hat stand and annoy the neighbors (don't have a kit set up at home).
Just a few taps and you can hear the sound it will produce. And did I mention it is shiny?
There are a few blemishes on the top cymbal near the hole which I assume is some ink residue and a small scratch mark which will disappear after a good rub (that's what she said). Could be a returned model or a bit of wear and tear in the shipping process, but otherwise pristine looking! Now the wait begins for the Dry Heavy Ride to be in stock hehe.

20221012_121139.jpg

I spent a few weeks working in New Hampshire and afterwards went to Drum Center Portsmouth (where this photo was taken). I went with the intention of browsing, maybe buying a drumhead just to support the shop. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

PAISTE.jpgTama_die-cast.jpgEvans_EQ3.jpg

I tried out about 15 ride cymbals and fell in love with how the sticks sound on this model. No matter how hard I play it, it doesn't wash out. The 16" crash has been on my wish list; I've wanted a crash with a faster decay for a long time.

The die cast hoop is going on my Starphonics for trial runs.

I spent a few weeks working in New Hampshire and afterwards went to Drum Center Portsmouth (where this photo was taken). I went with the intention of browsing, maybe buying a drumhead just to support the shop. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

View attachment 125438View attachment 125439View attachment 125440

I tried out about 15 ride cymbals and fell in love with how the sticks sound on this model. No matter how hard I play it, it doesn't wash out. The 16" crash has been on my wish list; I've wanted a crash with a faster decay for a long time.

The die cast hoop is going on my Starphonics for trial runs.

What kind of ride is it?

As promised here is the pic once it would arrive. Shiny!
Sadly band practice is cancelled Friday and can't try them out in a live situation, but when I'm done with work I will whip out a hi-hat stand and annoy the neighbors (don't have a kit set up at home).
Just a few taps and you can hear the sound it will produce. And did I mention it is shiny?
There are a few blemishes on the top cymbal near the hole which I assume is some ink residue and a small scratch mark which will disappear after a good rub (that's what she said). Could be a returned model or a bit of wear and tear in the shipping process, but otherwise pristine looking! Now the wait begins for the Dry Heavy Ride to be in stock hehe.

View attachment 125392

Last week I got out my set of those from back in the late 90s or early 2ks. The SOUND EDGE is stamped differently. Mine are still brilliant since they haven't been played at marinas. I like them for everything except Sweet Emotions.
I've got an 18" Paiste Fast Crash too.

Reactions: iCe
Wanting to get some Paistes and I've been putting together my order and the Sound Edge hihat i wanted was out of stock. So i waited for a couple of weeks. Only to have the ride i wanted to be out of stock when the hats were in stock...
Have the hats now (Signature 14" Sound Edge) and the ride is still 6 weeks wait time, but decide to order it anyway in hopes that this won't happen again...
So this baby is on it's way in the foreseeable future

1665936107918.png

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Wanting to get some Paistes and I've been putting together my order and the Sound Edge hihat i wanted was out of stock. So i waited for a couple of weeks. Only to have the ride i wanted to be out of stock when the hats were in stock...
Have the hats now (Signature 14" Sound Edge) and the ride is still 6 weeks wait time, but decide to order it anyway in hopes that this won't happen again...

View attachment 125630

bow-chika-wow-wow......

Reactions: iCe

View attachment 125630

8E7F7A42-A58E-4221-9DF0-3293D919C654.gif

Lol, I'm going back to my 15" hats. I can't get the slosh on the 14" Sound Edges.
They're crispy and light, but...

Lol, I'm going back to my 15" hats. I can't get the slosh on the 14" Sound Edges.
They're crispy and light, but...

have been using 15's (Zidjian A Quicck Beats) since the mid 90's. Never looked back. I use them in every situation and they never fail me. The perfect size

Back