What's your latest purchase?

Back at the P&D game.

View attachment 124646

I do want to find either the Gigster or the rack version as this box is just too heavy to take along to rehearsals and gigs easy.
Wes, if we were in the same country (maybe even the same continent) I would sell you mine. I love it, but I don't use it these days, mostly because of limited space in my vehicle and on stages.

Have also been looking for a set for ages! Nice find!

Thx! Finally had a chance to take them for a good spin today, as expected they are essentially a hi hat distortion pedal that are alot of fun and definite contrast to anything else. I was considering some x-hat positioning device but there are too many possible tones with a hihat pedal so I'd rather keep them far left on another stand and do the leg stretch and have left lead for it.... The top is heavier than expected but the china is thin so shank and tip playing bring extreme different tones. If I find another 12", I'll let you know :)

IMG_1639.JPG

Thx! Finally had a chance to take them for a good spin today, as expected they are essentially a hi hat distortion pedal that are alot of fun and definite contrast to anything else. I was considering some x-hat positioning device but there are too many possible tones with a hihat pedal so I'd rather keep them far left on another stand and do the leg stretch and have left lead for it.... The top is heavier than expected but the china is thin so shank and tip playing bring extreme different tones. If I find another 12", I'll let you know :)

View attachment 124829

I couldn’t even find a recording of them on YouTube.

Yeah, neither one of those is especially high-fidelity. I’m surprised more people aren’t into these, they seem to fit the whole “trashy” vibe that people are looking for in cymbals right now

Around the 31 min mark, Jojo digs into his. He had a cool idea to do trash hat flam on the down stroke of a rim click that gives an electronic hand clap sound. Forgot what his pair is.

Trick drive shaft. Worth every penny of $147. Fantastic build quality and functionality. Makes my cheap (but really good) pdp502 slave side feel Exactly like the main. If you ever wanted one do it.

Attachments

• 8F710B2A-BEF0-4BE1-96EC-1BD672B33EA8.jpeg
    8F710B2A-BEF0-4BE1-96EC-1BD672B33EA8.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 124829

I want that Swishh Knocker!!!!

and the hi hats too

Trying out yet another ride cymbal.
Caught wind of something called a 22" Turkish Cappadocia Ride.
Liked what I heard on YT but a tad bit pricey for my wallet, so I him'd and haw'd over it for a while.
Last night was looking through Reverb for something else and ran across DCP's page and noticed they had one priced a few dollars less, so I pulled the trigger.
Today I got a "tracking number confirm" email from Reverb and while reading through it, noticed my order was for a FLAT ride.
:eek:NNNOOOOO!!!!!!:eek:
I swore I bought a regular ride, not a flat!
I looked back and found an earlier email confirming my purchase on a Flat Ride.
....dam it...:rolleyes::cautious:
So I looked up DCP and gave them a quick phone call and talked to Barrett.
Just by the grace of God, the cymbal hadn't shipped yet, so I told him of my mistake and he pulled the cymbal and was going to replace it with a regular Cappadocia ride, but the only one they had left was already spoken for.
I was just gonna cancel my order, but instead decided (since the order had already been made up) that I would replace it with a different cymbal.
Did a quick peek at their inventory and noticed they had another Turkish called a "Millenium".
Barrett confirmed it was a crashable ride, so I'm having him ship that one instead.
$40 refuned to my card, since its a less expensive cymbal, too!
He was able to simply supplant the Millenium into the standing order and the cymbal will be on its way to me later today.
If you ever deal with DCP, ask for Barrett. The guy was absolute aces. Super easy to deal with and remedied my problem quickly and competently.
I should have it around the end of the week. (y)
UPDATE: Got the cymbal a little over a month ago.
Pretty cool pie!
Currently trying to figure out which stick sounds best on it.
Anyway, finally snapped a piccy and found the DCP soundbyte on YT...

22' Turkish Millenium Ride 2318g.

Turkish_MilleniumRide22_2.jpg

...and the video...

Around the 31 min mark, Jojo digs into his. He had a cool idea to do trash hat flam on the down stroke of a rim click that gives an electronic hand clap sound. Forgot what his pair is.

IIRC Jojo said in several gear videos that he uses a 14" HH mini china with a (random) 13" hihat top. Sometimes his signature hat top, but these days looks like a custom cymbal with holes.

I couldn’t even find a recording of them on YouTube.

Believe those trash hats are fairly old. Can't remember spotting them in 2011 when i was getting now cymbals

Miscellaneous percussion - Gon Bops AK.
Ran across a couple of these for a low price. Watched a video, and figured why not?
They look the same but sound different enough that I got two of them. Just have to figure a mount out for them now.
They can be hand held too though.
Gon Bops AK - Copy.JPG

My Pearl Snare collection clockwise MMP Diamond Burst 4ply maple,free floater 6ply maple Brass nickel plated Sensitone,Aluminum Sensitone & MHX 4 ply African Mahogany Classic.

Attachments

• 29058A22-73D2-4F37-A2C6-D33C687963FE.jpeg
    29058A22-73D2-4F37-A2C6-D33C687963FE.jpeg
    691.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1465C724-BA52-43CC-B291-3A22429790F3.jpeg
    1465C724-BA52-43CC-B291-3A22429790F3.jpeg
    695.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 81669A20-1190-412A-BACA-7310224B3DEF.jpeg
    81669A20-1190-412A-BACA-7310224B3DEF.jpeg
    667.3 KB · Views: 8
I had been looking for a deeper metal shell snare and saw this Tama Trackmaster 14 x 6.5” engraved black nickel over brass snare . The nickel over brass hoops that originally come with the drum were replaced with diecast hoops . The snare sounds killer nevertheless . View attachment 125063
Aronoff prefers a die cast batter hoop and a brass mighty hoop on the reso side. I’ve tried it and it opens up the drum a bit.

Back