What's your latest purchase?

Hand picked a 24” Istanbul Agop Joey Waronker ride at Bentley’s Drum Shop while down in California. It’s incredibly versatile and I can’t wait to go home and play it!

Attachments

• C4837A45-DBA8-4507-BF06-A740163CE8A7.jpeg
    C4837A45-DBA8-4507-BF06-A740163CE8A7.jpeg
    576.7 KB · Views: 12
In anticipation of our allegedly upcoming move to Arizona😶, I went ahead and got some "entry-level" TAMA drum bags. I have no intention of letting a moving company handle a single piece of my musical or computer equipment. Surely that would only end in tears.

They seem very nicely made, padded, and comfortably smooth inside.

DB_Box_F.jpg

DB_Box_R.jpg

DB_Int.jpg

DB_Logo.jpg

Thanks for indulging me.

Sort of new as I bought this drum rack when I first started learning to play the drums and told myself when I thought I was good enough I would put it together.well I'm still not that great but I couldn't resist so here it is

Attachments

• 20220625_205628.jpg
    20220625_205628.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220625_204328.jpg
    20220625_204328.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220625_204313.jpg
    20220625_204313.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 20
I started playing .just under 3 years know and being older with a family it's hard to find the time .but I do love it .the one thing I like about the rack though is you can put 3 toms over the bass drum with the middle tom being dead center

Not here yet but I used the Long and Mac Quade monster days to pay 12 months interests free for Canadian products for drilling cloud over the drums, 4 Primacoustic 24"X48"X3" panels and the hardware to hang them on the ceiling and 2 box Radial to help the flow in the drunbox department for the new used at 300 Can$ Mackie Onyx 1620i. I will have the 2 drumboxes and their independant outputs in it and the extra mics, ride1&2, remote hat and Snares 3&4, Top and Bottom, as a premix in stereo.

I discovered that the stratus was on my 2" thick so, I bought the already on the wall in the basement, the broadway panels on 3" and use the hardware to attach the cloud, no aluminium bar on side though, but I need to stay in my budget.

And last Canadian Thing: Dunnet Aluminium Models 2N modeling in 14X6.5, pictures when it will arrive, it needs to one from another store:
Screenshot_20220623-163850.pngScreenshot_20220623-164245.png

Gretsch Renown In Bop sizes just came in (10,12,14,18 kick) and they are beautiful & well made.

Question: I know the batter head is a Remo USA Emperor but the bottom head is Gretsch branded and it just says “By Remo”… Is this a Remo USA Amabassador or is it a UT head?

Every UT head I’ve ever seen before had a UT logo or made in china/Taiwan logo.

Anyone know ?

Also I only ordered a 3 pieces plus the 10” Tom. But they shipped a matching snare with it. Win!

View attachment 120578View attachment 120579
If the drumhead has a square profile steel rim, its a UT. If it’s slightly rounded aluminium, then its USA.

Ok, from Sweetwater, I recognize their thank you card but want snare? Alu? Which model?
That's a Ludwig Supralite, which will be my gigging snare for many years to come. Steel shell. Love love love the tube lugs! I'll get a brand-new 5" Supraphonic (also with tube lugs!) for recording in a few months.

That's a Ludwig Supralite, which will be my gigging snare for many years to come. Steel shell. Love love love the tube lugs! I'll get a brand-new 5" Supraphonic (also with tube lugs!) for recording in a few months.
Ho, yes, there is a lot of snare I'm not a big fan of just because I find the lugs just so so but the tube lugs are so classy, I have 4 tube lugs snare, Tana Star Reserve plain Maple and Star Reserve Solid Sendan, Summit Drums 15"X8, I choose the lugs, and Dunnet 2N modeling snare, all 4 with tube lugs, your snare looks super nice!!! Even my Starphonic Mappa Burl is kinda tubes too, I think it lets more wood or metal from the shell to be seen.

Ho, yes, there is a lot of snare I'm not a big fan of just because I find the lugs just so so but the tube lugs are so classy, I have 4 tube lugs snare, Tana Star Reserve plain Maple and Star Reserve Solid Sendan, Summit Drums 15"X8, I choose the lugs, and Dunnet 2N modeling snare, all 4 with tube lugs, your snare looks super nice!!! Even my Starphonic Mappa Burl is kinda tubes too, I think it lets more wood or metal from the shell to be seen.
Yeah, that's my thing for snares, tube lugs. Looks like you have a nice collection of snares, man! :D

Like I said, this snare is for playing out. I'll get a 14x5 Supraphonic for recording sessions.

Yeah, that's my thing for snares, tube lugs. Looks like you have a nice collection of snares, man! :D

Like I said, this snare is for playing out. I'll get a 14x5 Supraphonic for recording sessions.
Well, I wasn't planning to buy that much but being in a forum like this helped me remember that I had fallen in love with drums when I was 16, taking lessons for 6 months before coming back to keys, my first Instruments so, as I have always been wanting to have a drums kit and a collection of instruments, I thought that snares could be a good opportunity to have a small collection, my goal is maybe 10?? I like a lot Supraphonic but maybe only because it was the snare of Steve Gadd so, when I realized that Ron Dunnet wanted to build a snare better that his beloved Supraphonic 402 and that he considers he succeeded, because of the tune lugs, I bought this one instead of the Supraphonic.

You haven't played a Dunnett until you've played a Titanium Dunnett.
Karen and Thrice were both beautiful snares that were so dry, dust was always flying off them.
The stainless kits are some of the warmest drums I've ever played on, as well.

Back