What's your latest purchase?

Last edited:
Reactions: I-P
Fantastic! I love the white... I know how to clean the chrome but I was wondering what product do you use to clean the shells?

Drummer_D

SHELLS...
- Orange Agent (pH Neutral Citrus Cleaner) to remove oils and dirt.
- Any polish I have laying around. This moment it happens to be Meguiar's Scratch X2.0.
- Flash Prep (mild isopropyl alcohol. Remove all residue).
- Lazy Wax to finish, seal, and protect the shells. (a Carnauba spray wax).
* all of these products are automotive, but work really well for drums.

HARDWARE...
- Orange Agent
- Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish (Great for Chrome)
- Flash Prep
- Lazy Wax

bowdens-eagle.jpg

SHELLS...
- Orange Agent (pH Neutral Citrus Cleaner) to remove oils and dirt.
- Any polish I have laying around. This moment it happens to be Meguiar's Scratch X2.0.
- Flash Prep (mild isopropyl alcohol. Remove all residue).
- Lazy Wax to finish, seal, and protect the shells. (a Carnauba spray wax).
* all of these products are automotive, but work really well for drums.

HARDWARE...
- Orange Agent
- Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish (Great for Chrome)
- Flash Prep
- Lazy Wax

View attachment 118344
Wow!:oops: you got it all going on. You should get a little side job "drum detailing". LOL

I clean my son's snare Chrome hoops & lugs and that came out beautiful but I was afraid to touch the shell because I didn't want to ruin it.

Below are before and after pictures.

Drummer_D 20220412_163548.jpg20220412_164553.jpgScreenshot_20220428-212005_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! that is a sweet looking drum. Bet it sound awesome.

Grab yourself a Carnauba spray wax and buff off. Done. Sealed. :)

Wow! that is a sweet looking drum. Bet it sound awesome.

Grab yourself a Carnauba spray wax and buff off. Done. Sealed. :)
That's the snare drum that I learned how to play on. Thank you... it does sound awesome! I like your idea spray it on and buff it off!

Since then I bought my own snare... Mapex Black Panther Heritage white strata.20220410_120540.jpg

Not exactly drum gear, but I just ordered a full PA system for my home practice space: a processor/mixer with four preamps and twelve channels, two 15" mains with stands, and two mics with stands.

Why have I done this? I have musicians in and out for various reasons. Having a permanent PA onsite is easier than requiring players to haul one in as needed. This is a wise investment that will pay for itself quite quickly.

Last edited:
Not exactly drum gear, but I just ordered a full PA System for my home practice space: a processor/mixer with four preamps and twelve channels, two 15" mains with stands, and two mics with stands.

Why have I done this? I have musicians in and out for various reasons. Having a permanent PA onsite is easier than requiring players to haul one in as needed. This is a wise investment that will pay for itself quite quickly.
I think that’s a good sound purchase. I have the same setup with a Midas MR12. The band comes in, plugs into a Line 6 Pod, Sansamp Bass DI, mics into the preamps and we’re off. The only thing carried in and out are guitars.
847E0174-1AA6-4613-BE1D-8D6ACA7B1E9F.jpeg

A couple people just recently "liked" the Gibraltar Ultra Adjust snare stand I have for my tom--that I posted in 2014.
I STILL have it and STILL use it!
It is a fantastic stand.
I also use TNR Little booty shakers on the stand--I believe they rebranded them as Truevibe Isolation Mounts.
They really stop any choking of the tom, and I like it to resonate as long as possible--that "extra" gets soaked up in the band sound anyway, and nothing about the tom sound gets cut off.

I just picked up some 80's 15" AA Sabian Rock Sizzle Hats.
Should have them next week.
I've had a set of Standard 15" AA Sizzle Hats since '00, and I love them.
Wanted something with a bit "more" but the same character and I happened to find a set of the Rock version.
Maybe I was supposed to find them, because what an odd thing to have pop up when I was thinking about it :)

I just ordered my first Meinl. I had an old Zildjian Z Custom medium crash that a friend "ozoned" for me, and it had a great dark crash. It was cracked when I got it, ergo the ozone mod, and finally it broke this past week. The closest sound I could find was the Classics Custom Trash Crash. It was a tough choice between the brilliant, dual zone and dark versions but the dark won out, with its slightly warmer sound and the unique finish. It'll be here in ten days.

1651424206540.png

I just ordered my first Meinl. I had an old Zildjian Z Custom medium crash that a friend "ozoned" for me, and it had a great dark crash. It was cracked when I got it, ergo the ozone mod, and finally it broke this past week. The closest sound I could find was the Classics Custom Trash Crash. It was a tough choice between the brilliant, dual zone and dark versions but the dark won out, with its slightly warmer sound and the unique finish. It'll be here in ten days.

View attachment 118523
Congrats! Enjoy!

Drummer_D

Just came home with this 14 x 5.75” Sonor Vintage series snare . It will match up with my Sonor Vintage kit in the same finish . Medium beech shells with roundover edges and engraved stick saver hoops .
I think i want to make love to this drum. Always wanted a Sonor snare

My 24"Paiste 2002 ride. Damn! it why can't that sound be present in a 20" size. I've recently listened to a 20 inch Soultone extreme ride that was in a very recent post that blew my mind. If these sound (in person) like I just heard my 24 will be collecting dust. Over and out.

Last edited:
Back