20" Zildjian oriental China Trash
18" Sabian aax Stage crash
16" Sabian Aax Metal crash
12" Meinl Soundcaster custom splash
12" Meinl Classics China
7" Stagg Bell
9" LP ice bell
All for $390 delivered to my door!
Also just bought a Pearl reference Brass 14x5 Snare for $450!
Woah man, you got that much to spare!? Jut joking, but you must be a lucky guy to have that huge of a drum haul

As I've become an expert on the aging adult use case, I would say speakers at this point. Charging earbuds is too cumbersome. Using them without losing them is, too. I did go for the Apple pencil though. She has an artistic side that came out in her painting some years ago. The canvas sits in the corner now. Perhaps a drawing app like Procreate, or even the built-in Notes app, will trigger her inner creative instincts.

The other challenge with these "smart" devices and the aging population is, will they make the font bigger on a bigger screen? Or will they see as an opportunity for more real-estate for advertising? My guess is the latter.
If she likes music, she might also like a Bluetooth speaker. They also function with telephony audio, I believe.

And Apple has pretty good font sizing in the Accessibility settings (but you prolly already know this).

981BD6D4-20F4-4763-ABEF-CB3EB3385059.jpeg

Just bought YAMAHA RTC black sparkle 8x8 & 10x10 toms to add to my 7-piece RTC kit.

View attachment 113982This week going to buy my son a used marching snare to prep him for high school marching band

Always had a soft spot in my heart for the RTCs. A friend in HS got a set of them in Red and it was RED!! At the time those power toms were the thing.....I banged away on my trusty Export while he had those.......always thought they were kinda underrated.

How do they sound?

Always had a soft spot in my heart for the RTCs. A friend in HS got a set of them in Red and it was RED!! At the time those power toms were the thing.....I banged away on my trusty Export while he had those.......always thought they were kinda underrated.

How do they sound?
If I have the Aquarian Performance 2 heads tuned low, they sound like cannons! Truly awesome sounding drums.

Just bought YAMAHA RTC black sparkle 8x8 & 10x10 toms to add to my 7-piece RTC kit.

View attachment 113982This week going to buy my son a used marching snare to prep him for high school marching band

great looking toms!!!

and this is the best time of year!!! I am getting all of my 8th graders ready for the jump to MB!!! We start practices for outdoor in March after spring break. He is lucky to be getting his own snare!!

That Yamaha RTC kit is nice, lovely set up, well done mate, they will give you a smile, I'm sure your going to have a smile, from ear to ear, every time you play them.

View attachment 113972just waiting on these guys being delivered 😃
Ha those are from Dirk Witte, the store where I run the drum side he is blowing out.

I hope you like them!

I just started cleaning the Aluminium snare:
273219846_10227609983654769_3544430703667827615_n.jpg

I hate pitting!

Last edited:
Just been offered a pair of Sabian AA flat hats for £95. Hard to say no at that price...

:)

I picked them up on the way to a rehearsal tonight. Holy hell these are awesome. They sound exactly how I want hi-hats to sound, which is especially gratifying seeing as I put zero research into the purchase: the Universe simply provided me with what I needed. (This has happened to me with a lot of gear).

Happy happy happy!

What does TLC means? I think the C is for cleaning but....let me know
The throwoff was loose, had both straps and strings, the head was shot.. Snares were about 3/4" off to one side. Just needed a few minutes to straighten it all out. Sounded like an old log. Switched the pitted coated ambassador out with a black Evans Hydraulic and now it cracks. I may back it down and try something like an Emperor, but for now I'm super happy with it.

Attachments

• IMAG1151.jpg
    IMAG1151.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 7
Just picked up a pair of the AHEAD RockStix heavy rods. Basically heavy poly brushes with a thick rubber band around the middle. Good for that "not too loud/not too soft" need.
Also, the Audio Technica ATH-MS closed back Bluetooth studio headphones. I needed a set that was for music, not making calls & whatnot.
Got the molten orange color just because. ;)

Just picked up a pair of the AHEAD RockStix heavy rods. Basically heavy poly brushes with a thick rubber band around the middle. Good for that "not too loud/not too soft" need.
Also, the Audio Technica ATH-MS closed back Bluetooth studio headphones. I needed a set that was for music, not making calls & whatnot.
Got the molten orange color just because. ;)
So you don't lose them 🕵

My 20” Murat Diril Crash Ride just came in! So trashy and complex! Loving it

Attachments

• 19F88BEB-CA90-4AD1-8E5C-9A8A5A366166.jpeg
    19F88BEB-CA90-4AD1-8E5C-9A8A5A366166.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 12
Bought back the Tama SLP Bubinga 14”x6” snare from the Drum Guy I deal with at the local music store. He put a Remo coated CS dot on it, along with new 42 strand wires on. I had put the die cast hoops on it before I sold it to him. Glad to have it back.

Attachments

• 8F41EE16-7C84-4474-948E-4988D9ACD291.jpeg
    8F41EE16-7C84-4474-948E-4988D9ACD291.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 0758BA99-7058-4FFC-B9FF-FCD67686DB6C.jpeg
    0758BA99-7058-4FFC-B9FF-FCD67686DB6C.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 6
I picked them up on the way to a rehearsal tonight. Holy hell these are awesome. They sound exactly how I want hi-hats to sound, which is especially gratifying seeing as I put zero research into the purchase: the Universe simply provided me with what I needed. (This has happened to me with a lot of gear).

Happy happy happy!

theyre nice hats. i have a set here that are my spares/backup set :)

Bought back the Tama SLP Bubinga 14”x6” snare from the Drum Guy I deal with at the local music store. He put a Remo coated CS dot on it, along with new 42 strand wires on. I had put the die cast hoops on it before I sold it to him. Glad to have it back.
Can I ask. What prompted you to give it up? Just curious...

Back