What's your latest purchase?

including my vinnie paul one
This is appropriate and approved as he was an Aquarian player.
They're phenomenal heads. I will be going back to them after a brief experimentation with Evans.

This is appropriate and approved as he was an Aquarian player.
They're phenomenal heads. I will be going back to them after a brief experimentation with Evans.
ooo didnt know he was with aquarian, always thought he was remo and evans only, cheers for the info! :D

Don’t tell @csnow ! He’ll go “flipping” crazy if he hears about this…especially if he’s been sucking back on craft beers! :unsure: (y) Nice cymbal though mate, I might’ve been interested but I can’t justify 4 Paiste ride cymbals!!😂

hahahaha well you never know, he may want it (if he's UK based). and awww, you know you want it! its a discontinued ride so its rare to find now :)

*as senator palpatine* do it :p

ooo didnt know he was with aquarian, always thought he was remo and evans only, cheers for the info! :D

hahahaha well you never know, he may want it (if he's UK based). and awww, you know you want it! its a discontinued ride so its rare to find now :)

*as senator palpatine* do it :p
I think perhaps it was short lived. I recall reading that in the liner notes for Vulgar Display of Power. I could be wrong, as I'm old and getting the onset of CRS.

Too bad you don't like it. What's wrong with it?
doesnt suit what i play plus im not a big lover of the sound of it, got it as an experiment to see if i could get on with it :)

Just picked up a 18" Zildjian K EFX crash cymbal as a third crash on my kit. I was looking at a lot of trash crashes and this one really caught my ear. It'll make for a good crash cymbal to ride on during heavy beats. Plus it looks rad on my kit.

View attachment 105729

totes jelly!!!

Used Zildjian New Beat 13 inch hats, and they sound amazing! Serial number dates them to 2001. Have had a blast practicing with these. (Still have my 14 inch New Beats and love those too)

Another rummage sale find...but this time they knew what they had, but I still paid less than online used venues and GC. I don't have a lot of gear--but again--very grateful to have these.

Zildjian New Beat 13 inch hats.PNG

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on one of these new Pearl BD hoop mount cymbal holders. Have been meaning to put a ride cymbal mount on my Standards but I really didn't want to drill any more on that poor abused thing. This looks super solid and the toothless tilter was the deciding factor. I'll let you know how it goes. I've really had to re-evaluate my opinion of Pearl's hardware as of late. (also check out their new curved cymbal booms... weird huh?)

View attachment 105287
So I took this out on a blues gig last night clamped to the batter hoop of my Ludwig Standards (which is an original hoop with a bevel for an inlay) holding a 21" AAX Omni. This isn't the heaviest ride around by any stretch, but it does get crashed like a real crash. I had to ditch the very thick, very hard felt washers that came with it and use thinner, softer ones. Where I clamped it on the hoop was where it seemed like the vertical post could be straightest up-and-down, which felt a little lower than I like, but not by much. I quickly adapted. It also needed to be pulled in quite a bit (I like my ride hanging just a hair over my floor tom for reach's sake), but that meant the L-rod was actually sticking out quite a ways and forced me to move the floor tom back. I found a compromise position finally by turning the top portion around so that the tilter rod was on my side of the gear.. The actual gear is solid - once I got it firmly clamped, it never budged all night. The hoop clamp was surprisingly secure (I've had bad luck with some before), as was the L-rod clamp (which has a memory lock that helps a lot both to hold it steady and to get the position right every time). Best of all, I can fold the whole thing flat against the drum shell and transport it on the drum instead of removing it every time, which is extra cool. So maybe 4 of 5 stars from me.

Welp, more money out the door! Snapped up one of those Sabian AAX 17" Concept Crashes for $110 from Sweetwater. They're just now showing as out of stock - I might've got the last one! (I think there's a few more places selling them at this price. The 16" is also on sale for $99.)

1624918041186.png

Needed to replace my battered sm57 for my snare (capsule had detached with wires hanging out).. and after reading countless threads on gearslutz decided to buy another one. Such a great mic, surely the most used in recording history, with good reason.

Welp, more money out the door! Snapped up one of those Sabian AAX 17" Concept Crashes for $110 from Sweetwater. They're just now showing as out of stock - I might've got the last one! (I think there's a few more places selling them at this price. The 16" is also on sale for $99.)

View attachment 105820

I bought both the 16 inch and 17 inch, and I use them on the church drum set. They are excellent thin crashes. Peace and goodwill.

I bought both the 16 inch and 17 inch, and I use them on the church drum set. They are excellent thin crashes. Peace and goodwill.
I *almost* got the 16" because I was thinking I could pair it with my A Custom projection crash for 16" hats. But I like the sound of the 17"s I heard. I'm looking forward to playing it out very soon!

Man, I have been SO TEMPTED to grab one of those. Guess I snoozed and I losed.
Just got off the phone with SW - they had hundreds of orders for those cymbals over the week. mentioned that they were well regarded here on DW... stock arriving in about 10-14 days. Mine actually slid to backorder.

Can we get a little love for Sweetwater? They call you to update you on your order. What a great store.

Back