What's your latest purchase?

Just brought these home today. Yamaha 8000's ..... 20x14, 12x8, 14x14 in Real Wood. Rack tom started out as a concert tom. Buddy I bought them from had the bearing edge cut by Stan at Pro Drum in L.A. Then sourced all the proper Yamaha parts to double head it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 13
Somebody stop me.

MyNewPaiste200217Crash.jpg
MyNewPaiste200219Crash.jpg

(Please don't stop me.)

Those are 17" and 19" crashes, in case the reflection makes it too hard to see. I love the 17" (I got it a few weeks back) but the 19" (which just came today) is a bit too big for me—it takes a bit too much energy and time to open up. But it was a really nice price and whenever I tell my wife that I ran across a cymbal I don't need but which is at a great price, she always says, "oh, you should get it." She's an enabler is what she is.

Had a bit of wrist pain after playing my Black Magic with diecast hoops for an entire afternoon a few weeks ago. Drumfactory Direct was selling a blemished black finish S-Hoop for $10 plus shipping. BAM! Cross-sticking sounds SUPER sweet with this hoop.

DIDIVO 128 GB 2-in-1 USB-A / USB-C Flash Drive - So I can move my raw YT content from my M1 MacBook Air to my custom PC without having to upload to the cloud via Wi-Fi first. I love recording on my Air but I don't like editing on my Air. Its 13-inch screen can't compete with my PC's 32" BenQ.

FORE MIDI to USB Interface with Output and Input connectors - Because my Alesis sound module occasionally stops sending signals to EZDrummer over USB MIDI. I'm trying to figure out of it's a problem with the module or the cable I bought, and the FORE includes an LED that flashes when its receiving a signal.

USB-to-USBC-C Adapter - Because the other end of the FORE is USB-A.

Fovitec 1000W Studio Lighting Kit - To complete the triangle for my 3-point lighting setup.

SIMGOT MT3 Hi-Res IEMs - For a better, more discreet listening experience than my over-ear headphones could provide while I play and record myself.

Most recently? I used Player's Circle points to get a new snare side head for a snare drum I'm selling.

What? It's a kind of purchase. :D

edit- and it just showed up in a mangled box, inside a slightly crushed box. Very surprisingly, the head itself looks okay.

Last edited:

Thanks. That was cute. :)

I've been a lifelong Windows user since v3.1 but have always envied Mac users for the aesthetically beautiful design language of MacOS. When Apple came out with the M1 line last year, I took it as an opportunity to join their ecosystem with the MacBook Air. I don't regret my purchase, though I have since learned that I much prefer File Explorer's functionality.

The adapter I bought isn't a dongle and only cost $9:

Just ordered today:
A few Gibraltar rack parts (can't afford to switch to all stands for now, so my smaller rack will have to suffice for now)
A Tama Stagemaster HH stand (cheap, solid enough and with a swivel base, so I'm happy)
A pack of moongel.
And yeah, a Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak in the UZU Magma finish. Might add a 13" down the line, but with the cost of these, I think I will have to keep it as a smaller setup than I'm used to. :p

Attachments

• 750-LH2F40UMS_detail1.jpg
    750-LH2F40UMS_detail1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9
I spent a whopping 19.99 on a 3 pack of Cater 5B's at Guitar center. Befor I head back home tomorrow I'll more than likely pick up the set of 14" 2002 sound edge hats today. Does Guitar center frown on price matching?.

Back