What's your latest purchase?

That's a looker too. They're not prohibitively expensive, either. I'll check them both out, thank you! I was really hoping for an actual brass drum, not nickel black coated, etc. Ugh why all the black brass?!
For me, I already own a 14 x 6.5 brass snare so I wanted a NOB 14 x 8...thanks to some awesome recommendations on here I pursued a Worldmax as they make the shells for Ludwig. Unfortunately there was a long wait so after a couple of failed attempts at a WorldMax I went for the Black Magic...a fantastic drum. (y) :)

Found this on Facebook Market Place for very low dough . The owner even offered to deliver it (90 minute drive) for an extra $20 !!
10 ply Nashville Slingerland with Birdseye outer veneer . 14 x 4” , engraved sticksaver hoops . Replaced the beat up heads with fresh Remo and changed the wires to Canopus Vintage wires and it sounds incredible .74C4E8B0-166F-4F9D-B812-E9B8E8AEF8F2.jpeg770EAB69-951E-45BF-A7EF-1F3C458F7D97.jpegF96A48F1-AC64-4B13-806C-B2622BC48BE4.jpeg

For me, I already own a 14 x 6.5 brass snare so I wanted a NOB 14 x 8...thanks to some awesome recommendations on here I pursued a Worldmax as they make the shells for Ludwig. Unfortunately there was a long wait so after a couple of failed attempts at a WorldMax I went for the Black Magic...a fantastic drum. (y) :)
Soooooo, amidst all the searching, I found this on CL and that was that... An impromptu 3 hour drive from Nj to Long Island... A late 80s or so Slingerland brass, 7.5" shell, 10 Lug. It's low and loud and has that heavy attack I was looking for. I threw the red Evans head on that I had gotten for the acrylic Tama snare that arrived cracked and was sent back. It's quite the fashion statement, but it sounds freaking awesome.
Geeze what's the secret to posting a photo here. No matter what I do it says the file is too big. I've changed the quality to the lowest mp and cropped as much as I could.

Great story. To upload photos you must first email them to yourself, selecting “large”. Then retrieve from your inbox. This simply reduces the file sizes.

Found this mint condition Tama Superstar Classic maple snare for nearly nothing because it was missing a few lugs and someone had it setup all wrong.
It’s in mint condition and sounds as you might expect a 14 x 6 maple snare drum to sound. Very punchy although I have the Evans dry head tuned fairly high for crispier ghost notes.

Attachments

• 37FE1C5F-45BA-46FA-A6F2-F4228DE7FD13.jpeg
    37FE1C5F-45BA-46FA-A6F2-F4228DE7FD13.jpeg
    766.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 4FF4CB44-F90D-4B65-9474-AE19C42155B3.jpeg
    4FF4CB44-F90D-4B65-9474-AE19C42155B3.jpeg
    794.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 85A5D20A-EB5A-4EE5-99F1-EA8F28B69924.jpeg
    85A5D20A-EB5A-4EE5-99F1-EA8F28B69924.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 3
A DW 5x14 from 2000... cast bronze!

View attachment 104699
Whooaaa, usually I'm not a fan of DW, I think their lugs a4too big but in this case, with the chrome on the BBC ronze, it looks awesome!!! I would love a bronze snare, used would be cheaper but I feel I could get fool because I don't have enough experience with drums to by them used.

Soooooo, amidst all the searching, I found this on CL and that was that... An impromptu 3 hour drive from Nj to Long Island... A late 80s or so Slingerland brass, 7.5" shell, 10 Lug. It's low and loud and has that heavy attack I was looking for. I threw the red Evans head on that I had gotten for the acrylic Tama snare that arrived cracked and was sent back. It's quite the fashion statement, but it sounds freaking awesome.
Geeze what's the secret to posting a photo here. No matter what I do it says the file is too big. I've changed the quality to the lowest mp and cropped as much as I could.

Ahhhh Now It Works. Thanks for The Help !!

Attachments

• Snare2.jpg
    Snare2.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Snare3.jpg
    Snare3.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 14
Found this mint condition Tama Superstar Classic maple snare for nearly nothing because it was missing a few lugs and someone had it setup all wrong.
It’s in mint condition and sounds as you might expect a 14 x 6 maple snare drum to sound. Very punchy although I have the Evans dry head tuned fairly high for crispier ghost notes.
That's an awesome find, and an easy fix. Nice work!

Thanks! My wife said: “seems like you go by that store pretty often.” Store indeed. Stores with an s.
Reminds me of this picture hanging in my dad’s guitar shop:

Attachments

• 9AC236EB-F9B4-4586-8747-D30DA998DCCB.jpeg
    9AC236EB-F9B4-4586-8747-D30DA998DCCB.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 36
Thanks! My wife said: “seems like you go by that store pretty often.” Store indeed. Stores with an s.
It’s 4:20 somewhere

I bought a Summit Drums 4 pc kit. Steambent, solid shell, single ply, curly maple. Sizes are 22x14, 13x9, 16x16, and 14x6 snare. Gary Posey makes a mean set of drums. I predict someday he'll be famous!

Attachments

• dworld1.jpg
    dworld1.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 31
  • dworld9.jpg
    dworld9.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 32
  • dworld10.jpg
    dworld10.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 31
  • dworld5.jpg
    dworld5.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 30
I bought a Summit Drums 4 pc kit. Steambent, solid shell, single ply, curly maple. Sizes are 22x14, 13x9, 16x16, and 14x6 snare. Gary Posey makes a mean set of drums. I predict someday he'll be famous!
Awesome kit! True craftsmanship went into your drums, I bet they sound amazing. Very well done

Awesome kit! True craftsmanship went into your drums, I bet they sound amazing. Very well done
Thanks! Yeah, I took some of the heads off to check the seams and bearing edges. Incredible quality. They really kick it too! Anyone who'd like to learn more about Summit can go here. Gary is very pleasant and enthusiastic about his products. Very quick to respond via messenger as well. He's located near Akron, OH.

I seem to recall it being my parents always saying, " But you have two drumsets here already, that one is enormous ( the Neil Peart kit, of course) and what about the one you got from Tom that you don't even play, and the one that you have at Craig's house? " My poor mom and dad lol. They sure put up with alot.

I seem to recall it being my parents always saying, " But you have two drumsets here already, that one is enormous ( the Neil Peart kit, of course) and what about the one you got from Tom that you don't even play, and the one that you have at Craig's house? " My poor mom and dad lol. They sure put up with alot.
Mine too! They even put up with me blasting away at the ocean

I think the Craviottos come with 1.6 hoops, don’t they? What about these? I think someone here mentioned that 2.3 hoops tended to choke their Craviottos too much.

I think the Craviottos come with 1.6 hoops, don’t they? What about these? I think someone here mentioned that 2.3 hoops tended to choke their Craviottos too much.
Good question. I bought these post build. I wasn't involved in the designing, hardware etc. Lemme see what I can find out and I'll get back to you. They came with coated Ambassadors top and clears on the bottom. PS3 clear on the kick and black PS3 reso. They don't sound choked to me. Toms and kick tuned up really nice. Snare took me a while to dial in but that's not unusual for a solid shell snare. The snare has die cast hoops and it's an 8 lug, not 10. I've got it at a medium/high tune right now that really cracks.

Back