What's your latest purchase?

8x14 segmented old growth heart pine. I’ve intentionally ordered the interior shell in raw form. Drum should ship next week. Fellas at Outlaw do some innovative things with new, and reclaimed timber.

Attachments

• 04F90489-5B25-4DC7-AA3A-E27A8D0FD9AB.jpeg
    04F90489-5B25-4DC7-AA3A-E27A8D0FD9AB.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 19
Holy crap Rich, interesting looking creation there.

Will you ever be done?

Starclassic Maple. I couldn't get any good pics, my room is too dark, but here's a music store photo.
I laughed out loud when I heard the bass drum. Just incredible.

View attachment 89827
Stunning - what color is that??!!

At a shared gig, the band on before us the drummer had a Starclassic B/B kit and when I heard the bass drum (unmic'd) I immediately needed to get me a TAMA set as well. So now I have a Starclassic B/B as well :) TAMA hardware is the best too!

Stunning - what color is that??!!

At a shared gig, the band on before us the drummer had a Starclassic B/B kit and when I heard the bass drum (unmic'd) I immediately needed to get me a TAMA set as well. So now I have a Starclassic B/B as well :) TAMA hardware is the best too!

That color is Flat Steel Blue Metallic. I really wanted a natural finish but I saw this and went for it. The hardware is great, it seems they thought of everything.

Technically I haven't hit the purchase button...

But - I'm thinking about snagging a Gretsch Renown in the Turquoise Sparkle with with a hammered brass snare as more of a touring friendly kit to save some wear and tear on my main.

Awesome drums from the price.

19" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash, first Zildjian bought in over a decade... Very nice crash for heavier music, allthough a bit harder to open up than I thought initially (bought it online). Sound really good though, and I'm thinking about a second A Custom in a short while to compliment it, probably a 18" Projection.

Zildjian K Custom Special Dry 10" splash, currently stacked with a 12" Ozone but the splash alone sounds fantastic.

splash 004.jpg

Too much again haha
Pearl 6x18" Rocket Tom
Remo 14" Clear Controlled Sound (for snare top) and Ambassador Hazy
LP Red Cyclops Tambourine
2x Pearl PC-8 Clamps
Some other hardware to mount the rocket toms to the rack

Back