What's your latest purchase?

CarloRock

View attachment 124460I bought a tama stagestar (10 12 14 18 and 13 snare) a while back. It was quite rusted on the hoops and it took me a while to get them cleaned up. I haven’t gotten around to the hardware yet (not pictured).

I just bought it so I could have an 18” kick and it’s a bit of fun. I’ve flipped the snare online and it’s paid for the rest of the kit lol
Beautiful cymbals!!!

1 hit wonder

Agree, Tama hardware Is amazing!!!
Was talking with another drummer about hardware failures. Tama failed me twice in the 90s but it was probably the same stand. A boom stand knuckle joint via a lever knob that tightens and sets the boom angle stripped. The base of the stand that tightens the slip leg into place stripped too.
I say probably the same stand because I removed the boom part and used the base for a dual tom mount because it was a tilt stand. The boom went on a non-tilt base.
I bought the stand new.

CarloRock

Was talking with another drummer about hardware failures. Tama failed me twice in the 90s but it was probably the same stand. A boom stand knuckle joint via a lever knob that tightens and sets the boom angle stripped. The base of the stand that tightens the slip leg into place stripped too.
I say probably the same stand because I removed the boom part and used the base for a dual tom mount because it was a tilt stand. The boom went on a non-tilt base.
I bought the stand new.
I'm sorry for your bad experience, you bought Tama again?

Quai34

Pearl 3rd generation piano black 14x6.5 Free Floater snare used in immaculate condition.
2 brand new curved cymbal arms.
These new curved arms are super practical. They helped me a lot to put more cymbals on the kit and they look awesome. I have 5 on the kit

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
How do you like them @Klaid ?

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
I once had the opportunity to test them on my set (that's the best part about those 3 years eating tons of dust from drywall and mineral wool - now we have lots of musicians at our place sharing, lending, testing, playing together). It was the most buttery, fat, silky and broad sound I ever heard from a pair of hi hats - not sharp, not sandy, not bright, not clanging, not washy, not dark, not over-emphasizing any frequency range nor having any spikes, not loud (yay!) - with a *perfect* stick articulation. Compared to my very assertive, bright and sharp Paiste 2002 Heavy 14" they feel like a thick wool blanket compared to a thermal blanket.

Since Paiste is very consistent in what they actually deliver, this is a good example of what to expect:

The second he hit the top hat with the tip of the stick first made me goose bumps while listening with my Sennheiser HD599 for the first time.

They arrived today, together with a new head for my snare drum, I'll report back this evening (your guys noon/afternoon).

Excited Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I once had the opportunity to test them on my set (that's the best part about those 3 years eating tons of dust from drywall and mineral wool - now we have lots of musicians at our place sharing, lending, testing, playing together). It was the most buttery, fat, silky and broad sound I ever heard from a pair of hi hats - not sharp, not sandy, not bright, not clanging, not washy, not dark, not over-emphasizing any frequency range nor having any spikes, not loud (yay!) - with a *perfect* stick articulation. Compared to my very assertive, bright and sharp Paiste 2002 Heavy 14" they feel like a thick wool blanket compared to a thermal blanket.

Since Paiste is very consistent in what they actually deliver, this is a good example of what to expect:

The second he hit the top hat with the tip of the stick first made me goose bumps while listening with my Sennheiser HD599 for the first time.

They arrived today, together with a new head for my snare drum, I'll report back this evening (your guys noon/afternoon).

Excited Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street
Well said. My pair hasn’t left my kit in years.

602MEHats.jpg