What's your latest purchase?

I bought some Earasers earplugs to check if they don't muffle the sound as much as the Alpine Music Safe Pro I have been using for a long time:

IMG_3339.jpg

Regarding that aspect: it is successful.
Regarding sound reduction: meh. I don't notice it.

A lightweight second throne for practice pad work at home, bringing the available chairs in my apartment to three.

Also got 13"/16" Ambassador X tom heads for the new Classic Maples!

View attachment 120018
Ambassador X heads came with a Mapex Cherry Bomb kit and I didn’t care for them at first but perhaps I needed to break them in or they were just so different because now I like them. They seem to lack the tone of regular ambassadors on softer hits but beyond that I think they’re great. Definitely a more aggressive sound.

E8E175BA-7751-4161-82BA-2F25C77FE037.jpeg29DEA887-9C5D-4693-AD6B-0870D0C5C6B4.jpegI've been bussing/walking/scootering around Southern California for the last week and change. Arrived early for NAMM and am leaving late. On my way from LA to Anaheim I stopped at Pro Drum to have a good rummage, and couldn't stop thinking about this M A S S I V E Bosphorus china. So I went back, tried all their 22s, and left with it knowing it was my favorite.

It's actually 23" diameter. Super thin, but still useable as a ride.

It's currently strapped to my backpack, and we'll just see how it is getting it on the plane in the morning. Cause I'm using it on my gigs this weekend, guldurnit!

Just got a Tama True Touch Training Kick Pad. It’s part of a whole kit Tama sells. I’m pairing it with my old 70s Ludwig practice pad.
First thing I noticed was the pad was softer than I expected but I think it’s definitely better than a rubber pad that’s on most the other brands that have an unnatural hard feel. Definitely feels like a real bass drum. They sell replacement parts as well when you wear it out.
It’s super heavy duty like most other Tama hardware. With the design and anchor screws, it doesn’t move at all.
I was considering other more simple designs like the Drumeo Quiet Kick but it seemed to have too short of a beater throw and was hard.
So far, so good.15FB0CA9-157C-4384-8F08-4AA07FB3D305.jpeg45B5611C-D1CD-4CD4-A95F-D98D69035C4E.jpegBF84B65F-8F1F-4A42-AF9D-1D3F647EA6D9.jpeg

Nothing drum related. I want a new double kick pedal. Maybe a direct drive one. But I got a 2021 Studio Les Paul in Smokehouse Burst with a USA Strat but with a Warmoth body and a Chinese Warwick 5 string Corvette bodied RockBass in Nirvana black because they were cheap.
Maybe this is how I get a new pedal?

Finally, took possession of the Paiste Master Dark Crispy ride 22" that some of you proposed when I asked about a small collection of Ride. Awesome, a beauty and the sound is... I have no word!!! (Could you imagine that! A french guy with no words? Ttss).
By the way, there is finger print on it, how I remove them? I know Paiste is special about cleaning... IMG_20220610_151439.jpg

Congrates i have one of those but don't use it nice cymbal I use my other Paiste Presision ride 22 it suits my style better than the Master enjoy.

Back