What's your latest purchase?

Somebody stop me.

MyNewPaiste200217Crash.jpg
MyNewPaiste200219Crash.jpg

(Please don't stop me.)

Those are 17" and 19" crashes, in case the reflection makes it too hard to see. I love the 17" (I got it a few weeks back) but the 19" (which just came today) is a bit too big for me—it takes a bit too much energy and time to open up. But it was a really nice price and whenever I tell my wife that I ran across a cymbal I don't need but which is at a great price, she always says, "oh, you should get it." She's an enabler is what she is.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Had a bit of wrist pain after playing my Black Magic with diecast hoops for an entire afternoon a few weeks ago. Drumfactory Direct was selling a blemished black finish S-Hoop for $10 plus shipping. BAM! Cross-sticking sounds SUPER sweet with this hoop.

DIDIVO 128 GB 2-in-1 USB-A / USB-C Flash Drive - So I can move my raw YT content from my M1 MacBook Air to my custom PC without having to upload to the cloud via Wi-Fi first. I love recording on my Air but I don't like editing on my Air. Its 13-inch screen can't compete with my PC's 32" BenQ.

FORE MIDI to USB Interface with Output and Input connectors - Because my Alesis sound module occasionally stops sending signals to EZDrummer over USB MIDI. I'm trying to figure out of it's a problem with the module or the cable I bought, and the FORE includes an LED that flashes when its receiving a signal.

USB-to-USBC-C Adapter - Because the other end of the FORE is USB-A.

Fovitec 1000W Studio Lighting Kit - To complete the triangle for my 3-point lighting setup.

SIMGOT MT3 Hi-Res IEMs - For a better, more discreet listening experience than my over-ear headphones could provide while I play and record myself.

wraub

Most recently? I used Player's Circle points to get a new snare side head for a snare drum I'm selling.

What? It's a kind of purchase. :D

edit- and it just showed up in a mangled box, inside a slightly crushed box. Very surprisingly, the head itself looks okay.

Last edited:

Thanks. That was cute. :)

I've been a lifelong Windows user since v3.1 but have always envied Mac users for the aesthetically beautiful design language of MacOS. When Apple came out with the M1 line last year, I took it as an opportunity to join their ecosystem with the MacBook Air. I don't regret my purchase, though I have since learned that I much prefer File Explorer's functionality.

The adapter I bought isn't a dongle and only cost $9:

petrez

Just ordered today:
A few Gibraltar rack parts (can't afford to switch to all stands for now, so my smaller rack will have to suffice for now)
A Tama Stagemaster HH stand (cheap, solid enough and with a swivel base, so I'm happy)
A pack of moongel.
And yeah, a Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak in the UZU Magma finish. Might add a 13" down the line, but with the cost of these, I think I will have to keep it as a smaller setup than I'm used to. :p

Attachments

• 750-LH2F40UMS_detail1.jpg
    750-LH2F40UMS_detail1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9

Bozozoid

I spent a whopping 19.99 on a 3 pack of Cater 5B's at Guitar center. Befor I head back home tomorrow I'll more than likely pick up the set of 14" 2002 sound edge hats today. Does Guitar center frown on price matching?.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Welp, after 24 years of gigging (!) my Yamaha 700 series boom stands are starting to break down... height adjustment points are starting to strip out, as is one boom assembly. Only so much you can do with that. So two new Ludwig Atlas Standard stands are on the way - clamp adjustments rather than against-the-tube tightening and toothless tilters, for $69 apiece plus free shipping. Not too shabby.