What's your latest purchase?

Alchemy Raw Bell with rivets. Love this little guy!

Attachments

• Alchemy_Raw_Bell_Resized.jpg
    Alchemy_Raw_Bell_Resized.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6,444
Any specific grooves you're going to play with those? Something latin? Funk?

I'm thinking Motowny. Latin doesn't like me much. Turns out I'm not that fussed on the cowbell, but the wood block sounds lovely to me.

I just picked up a 1983 Tama SuperStar shell pack. 13, 16, 22x14 cherry finish. I'm pretty stoked because I've been looking for exactly these drums for some time now.
The only problem is, is that I can't play them until my 50th birthday in July. That was the deal with my wife since the drums are actually a gift from the family...I can live with the wait. Pictures to follow.

I'm was glad when my drum GAS disappeared.

Only to be replaced by bass GAS.

I can't bloody win!

Consider yourself lucky.

Taking up drumming 18 months ago has re-awakened my interest in music generally, so my guitar GAS is also running strong.

And we'll ignore the bass-related stuff I've acquired on behalf of the new-to-the instrument bass player that I jam with.

OK. It's a disease, but I'm just praying for a cure. Specifically, I'm praying for a cure to never be found!

Drum wise, a PDP throne to replace my ancient Rogers Swiv-o-matic. Its a wobble-matic at this point.

Non gear wise, a Kingsford 820 square inch barrel grill for the wife. It has a 24 burger capacity, and yes it is charcoal.

EDIT: The grill as a 35 burger capacity, my bad.

Last edited:
I just bought tons of music. Half of it is way to difficult for me, but it's gonna be fun to learn to play the others. Great stuff like Death, Ulcerate, Elder, Mahavishnu Orchestra, East of the Wall, Soilent Green, Akimbo, Behemoth, oh it's so good....

Haven't purchased much of anything lately (smirk)...

But I got gifted an older-version DW 6000 flat-base hi-hat stand and won a $100 music shop gift card, which I cashed in on a 10-channel Yamaha mixer for my in-ears.

dw-6500.jpg

Attachments

• Almixer.jpg
    Almixer.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6,025
I just recently got a new PDP 700 boom stand and a Zildjian A 20" medium ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 6,069
Last edited:
Last week I found the sweetest old 21 inch Zildjian. Late 60's by all the markers. It sounds heavenly and it's exactly the sound I heard in my head all these years for my right side crashing with an interesting (nearly wash-less) dark ping should I ride on it.

I'm lusting after a Wal...

Ala Percy Jones or John Giblin, I take it? I have a couple of Music Man basses but they were purchased a while back and don't count for this thread.

My most recent purchase was new rear rotors for my Subaru. Not particularly exciting but then who wants "exciting" brakes?

Recently picked up a Ludwig 6 X 10 snare and a Paiste 18 inch medium crash cymbal. Oh yeah and spent a pile of money on the wifes car.

Ala Percy Jones or John Giblin, I take it? I have a couple of Music Man basses but they were purchased a while back and don't count for this thread.

My most recent purchase was new rear rotors for my Subaru. Not particularly exciting but then who wants "exciting" brakes?

More Justin Chancellor. I just love the versatility of them and they're relatively local to me.

It'd have to be a fretted, active Wal. My fretless playing is beginner-level (I converted one of my basses last week, as a matter of fact). Unfortunately, I don't have several thousand quid right now!

A Stingray is on the list, too. A light one, please. That and a maple/black P-bass. Aesthetically, the Roger Waters model is exactly what I'm after. Follow that by a good Warwick Streamer, a Jazz, a Thunderbird, a Guild Starfire...

And that's before we even go into my Ampeg lust.

Friend gave me a $100 Amazon gift card for my mumble3rd birthday.

Some of it was spent on drum stuff.

I've finally settled on what sticks I like, Vic Firth AJ4's, so I ordered a pair of those, along with an Aquarian tom reso pack, Classic Clears. Chosen because they came in the sizes I wanted and were the lowest price of the big three head manufacturers.

I'm a brand agnostic when it comes to heads (Pinnies or the equivalent on top, Ambassadors or the equivalent on the bottom), with the sole exception of the Aquarian Texture Coated being my favorite snare batter for brushes.

My resos had a couple of small dents in them, and the difference the new resos made was huge. So much easier to tune now.
2014-04-01%2012.22.04.jpg

Back