bearblastbeats

I've been really diggin' on these few as of late:

Fly Me Courageous - Drivin' N' Cryin'
No Excuses - Alice In Chains
Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo - Rick Derringer
All I Need is Your Love - Fastway
Walkin' The Dog - Ratt
Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh

None of them are overly complicated, but just a good, solid foundation a ton of killer riffs.

It's mostly metronome work for me lately. Aside from various Zeppelin songs, I might play along with pretty straightforward tunes.

He's a Whore - Cheap Trick
Think I'm in Love - Beck
Bodhisattva - Steely Dan
Hallgallo - Neu!
Noticeable One - Missing Persons
When the World is Running Down - Police

This is and has been the worst question for me. The best I can come up with is I don’t know and it depends. I go through phases where I’ll play a whole l set of Rush as an example, then a Queensryche phase, then I’m playing a whole bunch of simpler pop songs and even K-Pop, then I’m off into some contemporary Jazz, then Raggae and on and on I go.

It just depends, more like the flavor of the day and if those aren’t moving me, then I’m working on complex 4 way independent stuff.

I wish all this made me a great drummer, but I think the flip flopping is more a dissatisfaction with my playing…

Well known song: "Crossroads"
Obscure song: "Jehovah Never Sleeps"

Peace and goodwill.

This is and has been the worst question for me. The best I can come up with is I don’t know and it depends. I go through phases where I’ll play a whole l set of Rush as an example, then a Queensryche phase, then I’m playing a whole bunch of simpler pop songs and even K-Pop, then I’m off into some contemporary Jazz, then Raggae and on and on I go.

It just depends, more like the flavor of the day and if those aren’t moving me, then I’m working on complex 4 way independent stuff.

I wish all this made me a great drummer, but I think the flip flopping is more a dissatisfaction with my playing…
This is me too. I will listen to metal, rock, disco, pop, hip hop, dance club, just whatever I feel like while playing.

At the moment it's I Put A Spell On You. We play a version similar to this one by Samantha Fish.

Achilles' Last Stand?
Immigrant Song?
Heat in the Street?
One Way Out?

On bass:
Valerie
Whipping Post

This is me too. I will listen to metal, rock, disco, pop, hip hop, dance club, just whatever I feel like while playing.
I can't even say I really listen to the stuff I like to play. Can't think of the last time I actually jammed out to Rush or Queensryche! For me, playing is more about the challenge of the parts. If I'm driving, it's usually just a mellower pandora station, but I'll never play those songs.

I warm up with this list:

this is still sort of my regular list.. Trying to master these

In the band set:
Won't get fooled
25 or 6 to 4
Message in a bottle

At home I'm currently trying classical rock a la 'Vadrum'

Full House - Wes Montgomery
It’s a Raggy Waltz - Dave Brubeck
Sky Dive - Freddie Hubbard
Pass It On - Dave Holland

Those are all in our current set. When I was younger I’d put on Quadrophenia, or Hemispheres, or Queen Live Killers, or anything by The Beatles.

:)

Some more that popped up
The Weight
Mary Jane’s Last Dance
La Grange
Whipping Post
Does Anybody Know what time it is ?
i did MJs last dance and La Grange. Current band doesn't play them, but I've been hinting at it for some time.

Oh, with the band? One Way Out.
We can't play much of the music I would really enjoy playing. We do MJs Dance too slow and La Grange I always enjoy.
Don't Rock The Jukebox has some dynamic changes that I like which go from snare to cross stick and back & forth, which keeps me interested.
Kryptonite has some of those dynamic similarities like that.

On my own I almost don't listen to music. It's almost always independent talk media. No main stream bilge for me. Sometimes in the car it's an Americana channel and even less it's a college radio station.

Back