What's your "day" job?

I have a relative who taught 4th grade in a private school for 32 years. One of her students complained to his parents (because he wanted to be in the other class with his twin brother) and the parents complained to the principle. She was fired the next day, 2 years from retirement. No severance, no notice, nothing. Two weeks after she was fired, the family/student moved out of state. Lawyer up, bitches!

To be continued.

Wait, what? Could she not have sued?

That cartoon says it all. These days parents call professors to complain about their child’s low grade. Back when I was in college, if I had asked my dad to complain to my professor about my low grade

1. My dad would have laughed at me
2. My professor would have laughed too, at me, WITH my dad

And since my dad was a school principal, if I had asked him to complain to one of my teachers about a low grade, every teacher in the county would have laughed at me. Along with the lunch ladies, bus drivers, and janitors. LOL

I read an article about the former Stanford University Dean stating she had parents calling her complaining about their kid’s roommate situation. Unreal.

I have a relative who taught 4th grade in a private school for 32 years. One of her students complained to his parents (because he wanted to be in the other class with his twin brother) and the parents complained to the principle. She was fired the next day, 2 years from retirement. No severance, no notice, nothing. Two weeks after she was fired, the family/student moved out of state. Lawyer up, bitches!

To be continued.

It is always “You’re too hard”, “You’re too soft”, “You can’t relate to my child”, “You need to be able to motivate my child”, “MY child is not like that when he’s not with you”, etc.

No! It’s “Your child has been pampered and needs to understand that he/she will have obstacles in life. Now stop being a helicopter parent, sit down, and let me do my job.”

I’m not alone either. My cousin’s husband teaches all of the AP & honors math classes in his upscale neighborhood in South Jersey. He said the township now allows any kid take any level class when at one time they had to be invited into it. “I’m not allowing your decisions to hold MY child back.”

Then he says he has at least a couple of parents a year call up and complain that he should slow down the class so their kid can catch up from the D they currently have.

No! They should not be in that class, regardless of what these parents think, and drop down to a lower class. When he says it to the parent the reaction is “how dare you say that about my child”.

That cartoon says it all. These days parents call professors to complain about their child’s low grade. Back when I was in college, if I had asked my dad to complain to my professor about my low grade

1. My dad would have laughed at me
2. My professor would have laughed too, at me, WITH my dad

And since my dad was a school principal, if I had asked him to complain to one of my teachers about a low grade, every teacher in the county would have laughed at me. Along with the lunch ladies, bus drivers, and janitors. LOL

in my situation, dad would have kicked my ass (he was a Marine Corp drill sergeant)...and then laughed at me....

I work in IT. Basically the Only IT person for our 5 sites in North America..

This, ladies & gents, is called “job security”.

Hmm I dunno. I worked my ass off getting 200+ people working from home (including our production artists, which had never been done before) and now things are running so smooth that I just.... kinda work maybe a few hours a day now (I get paid salary so it’s whstever) but my peak work has for sure past.

things will return to normal soon. But sometimes the working from home when it’s not busy is just as awful as when it is really busy

But sometimes the working from home when it’s not busy is just as awful as when it is really busy

That’s certainly true for me, no matter if I’m working from home or not. I don’t want 70 or 20 hours worth of work a week. Just give me about 45 hours a week. That’s a really good number for me. Maybe 50 hours, not much more.

That is exactly what my wife teaches, but in a poor urban neighborhood in NJ. It’s unfortunate, but due to the unruliness of the students the last 3 years, the lack of support and cluelessness of the administration, parent involvement being practically nonexistent, and the lack of respect for the related arts classes by some other teachers even, she’s had enough. To top it, her commute is a hour long each day.

Being art has limited positions, there are next to no other positions available anywhere too.

After 10 years, it’s unfortunate because she still loves how she has a positive effect on the kids. Her highlights a lot of the times is some of these kids simply asking for hugs.

I own a swim school and because I am my own boss, I have more control than she does. I will say that the worst thing about teaching is the parents. I can handle the misbehaving kids. It’s these parents that need to just go away.

These say it all in what’s changed the last 25 years.

View attachment 91965View attachment 91966

Sorry I'm just now replying to this, lol. Yeah I love my job it can definitely be rough with parents, especially if you don't have support from administration! And I know what it's like with limited positions! I got pink slipped my first year, and it was two years before I got another teaching job. Hey, and what a coincidence, my commute is a little over an hour as well! I hope it gets better for her!

Wow. I’d say something posItive here about union jobs, but...they protect bad employees too. Good luck to her. I mean that.

No joke, I joined the Ky teacher's union last year after a parent filed a harassment complaint against me. I wrote up her son who was being an ass, and his girlfriend made up a story that I had hit him, because she was mad at me for writing him up, which meant they wouldn't be able to go to the big 8th grade dance together. So she told his mom this story, and they had to investigate and it turned into a whole big thing, mom posting SEVERAL facebook live videos ranting about me and the school and admin and how I should be fired immediately, random people were calling for my firing in the comments, etc. etc. It all amounted to nothing, but you bet your ass I joined the union, lol!

I used to be a teacher too, English and Dutch in what you would call middle school I think, 12-18 year olds. Now I work at a night shelter for homeless drug abusers.

I am a diesel technician for a large LTL fleet here in North America. I mainly focus on Wiring/Electrical work and troubleshooting vehicle computer and data systems. I’ve done my fair share of brakes/clutches/differentials and heavy work over the years, but I’m not a big guy by any means.

Survival. Both humans and non-human humanoids alike want my head. Back before y'all started burying your dead my kind had a purpose. We are supposed to be cleanup like turkey vultures. Now we are hated and sought out for destruction.

Before I became infected with the virus I was a cobbler.

Survival. Both humans and non-human humanoids alike want my head. Back before y'all started burying your dead my kind had a purpose. We are supposed to be cleanup like turkey vultures. Now we are hated and sought out for destruction.

Before I became infected with the virus I was a cobbler.
Looks like you'd be a good candidate for an interview while we BBQ some meats and swill ale.

I’m retired from my earth job but I’m actually Emperor of this galaxy- the Milky Way. I made up that name bet you can’t guess why? Well anyways I like to stay out of the limelight and prefer my secret life. See I’m a great ruler -no one even knows I rule. My oracle powers and secret laboratory on dark side of moon helps to keep it all secret. Oops!

National Sales Manager for an environmental instrumentation company.

I retire in June though thanks to some investment work - then full time on our arts company and musician - but with a good enough base that our bills are covered.

Life is great :)

Back