What's your "day" job?

Writer and print content syndicator.

I'm a contract software engineer, mostly in aerospace and medical device industries. If Dave Weckl is listening, I'm NOT stalking you! Well I AM, but not what you think. I happen to work jobs all over the US, and yes, when you're in town, I get tickets to come see you.

Alright truthfully, when you're within a few hours of driving distance:
Drum Fantasy Camp, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ 2007
Eric Marienthal, Catalina Jazz Club, Santa Monica, CA 2008
Chick Corea Acoustic Band at University of Buffalo, NY 2018
Oz Noy at Jack London Review, Portland OR 2019

Chief data architect at a cannabis company. Ain't got jack to do with drumming. Oh, I also run a custom drum company on the side. A few decades ago was a touring pro musician, but had to quit after a bad accident. I did recover and I still play today, but I need a roadie to carry my drums now, but most won't work for what I can pay 'em.

AI Product and Project Management for a healthcare company. I work with a ton of smart people who's talent make my talent deficiencies disappear.

I am a photographer primarily, i produce photos and video works. besides i write about music and scene of Nepal in print magazines of the same. Time and again I lend my hands in organizing events and management as well. I've had have managed a few bands here. thank you!

I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.

Reactions: iCe
I have an interest in a new and used furniture business. We buy and sell hotel furniture as well as new furniture. Would always rather be drumming!

I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.

I feel it is the same with any activity really...and an interesting observation

I play adult league hockey. I am willing to bet that 95% of the people in the world who play hockey don't make a living off of it.

I also wonder, on the flip side, how many people who make money off of a hobby, like skiing, or mountain biking, or tour guiding, get sick of those jobs that I look at as "dream jobs".

I alos love mountain biking. I always think: " man, those guys who do downhill mountain bike guiding are sooo lucky. They get to ride all day!!!"...they are probably really saying "man, I have to tow these old schlubs up and down these damned trails again today..."

Back