What's your "day" job?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
I have an interest in a new and used furniture business. We buy and sell hotel furniture as well as new furniture. Would always rather be drumming!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.
I feel it is the same with any activity really...and an interesting observation

I play adult league hockey. I am willing to bet that 95% of the people in the world who play hockey don't make a living off of it.

I also wonder, on the flip side, how many people who make money off of a hobby, like skiing, or mountain biking, or tour guiding, get sick of those jobs that I look at as "dream jobs".

I alos love mountain biking. I always think: " man, those guys who do downhill mountain bike guiding are sooo lucky. They get to ride all day!!!"...they are probably really saying "man, I have to tow these old schlubs up and down these damned trails again today..."

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I ponder the universe mostly and try to read and learn something new. I often play drums to music while I'm pondering about something-some of my best ideas come when I'm doing something else like gardening, drumming, swimming laps-though I forget my lap count just like my good ideas LOL.

Aboulger116

After 22 year as an operations manager in telecom, I left and now have two jobs. I'm a Realtor and I teach guitar lessons a couple of days a week.
Small world. I'm in telecom and also in California. Didn't know it was possible to leave the industry haha.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Domestic Overlord.

Cleaning, repairing, remodeling, mowing, trimming, plumbing, wiring, painting, digging, planting, and anything else that needs to be done at my house, I do it. That's my new job, and I love it. I still don't cook though, no one wants to eat my food.

My speaker factory job was killing me, and my wife was tired of being stuck at home. So we swapped, and so far it's easier on everyone's well being. Life is much better this way. Money is less, but we don't care.

Benthedrummer

A Registered Nurse in Intensive Care......so my employment opportunities have exploded exponentially as of late.

We will be a COVID-19 only unit in time I forsee.

dale w miller

Silver Member

I tour quite a bit, 3-4 months a year, but I’ve had to get a day job when I got home. After one year in between bands I realized starting my own business is the best idea.

I am kind of a music snob and I won’t play with anyone I don’t respect or enjoy regardless of pay.

I’ve now gotten to the point that the business is on autopilot. I tour slightly less, but I’m more “signed” now than I ever was. It was worth working in the van and cafes going to and waiting on the shows I was playing at night. It’s paid off