Whatcha Reading Right Now?

Hewitt2

So we all know drummers form the erudite and well-read component of the rhythm section, right?

So let’s put our bookmarks where our mouths are and share what we’re reading right now!

I’ll go first. I re-read this chestnut every few years. In my mind, the foremost retelling of the Arthurian legend. Like all great art, every time I return to it I uncover a new layer.

Attachments

• 0F7E938D-81E0-4D9A-A752-6E47857955B1.jpeg
    0F7E938D-81E0-4D9A-A752-6E47857955B1.jpeg
    577.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Three I'm currently working through:
  • 1941 The Year Germany Lost The War- Andrew Nagorski
  • Memoirs Vol.1 The Years of Decisions- Harry Truman
  • Effective Practicing for Musicians- Benny Greb

Last edited:
At this point, the pandemic's got me mxing it up strangely. Here's one of the greatest reference books ever (complete with Pasta Glossary). There's also 62 pages of poorly-written rules along with all the charts and tables needed to play a really complicated solitaire wargame that I really like because I'm a total geek. Help me!20220116_113929.jpg

I’m re-reading a few of Stephen Kings books (I’m huge fan of his writing)

Recently finished The Stand and have since started Misery. About a quarter way into that one.

Found an issue recently where I discovered that I’d read nearly every major novel by him* (60+ books) with only a handful more to read, so I’ve started to re-read some I last read back in the 1990’s

*just got to complete the Dark Tower series and then I’ve read them all.

Dark Tower is definitely where it’s at for Stephen King. That and the Stand were my favourite novels of his.

Fantastic. Looking forward to finishing the series.

It’s such a large body of work I plan to do them in order (I read book 1 of the Dark Tower last year and decided to wait until I had them all before continuing)

I'm reading one the Mrs got me for Christmas - "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry," by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Really good so far!

I’m re-reading a few of Stephen Kings books (I’m huge fan of his writing)

Recently finished The Stand and have since started Misery. About a quarter way into that one.

Found an issue recently where I discovered that I’d read nearly every major novel by him* (60+ books) with only a handful more to read, so I’ve started to re-read some I last read back in the 1990’s

*just got to complete the Dark Tower series and then I’ve read them all.
I know it’s one of his earliest books but I’m a massive’Salem’s Lot fan, the way he brought vampires into modern day normality like that was pure genius…(y):)

Back