What trigger and module do you use?

geeza

I'm looking to trigger my acrylic kick drum for live purpose. I was thinking about the Roland RT10K and the Alesis DM-5. I was wondering if anyone has any input or other suggestions. I've never used triggers before and could use some advice. Thanks!

DM-5 is fine. get a d-drum redshot trigger and a 1/4" jack to xlr. good luck!

Thanks, I ended up buying the DM5 and a set of Ddrum Pro triggers. I haven't hooked them up yet though. I'm pretty stoked on trying somehing new.

sweet man. i have two pros, i use them for kick/snare. old redshots for toms if needed (usually isn't, depends on genre/venue/sound).

are you going to be playing metal? the dm5 has some great presets for kicks etc, which is why so many people use it. great value for money.

sweet man. i have two pros, i use them for kick/snare. old redshots for toms if needed (usually isn't, depends on genre/venue/sound).

are you going to be playing metal? the dm5 has some great presets for kicks etc, which is why so many people use it. great value for money.
I basicly bought it for my kick drum only. I got the DM5 and the 5 piece Ddrum pros all for $300 from Guitar Center (used). I play all styles of music (some better than others) so I'm interested to see what this DM5 will do. I know a lot of Metal guys liked the D4.

Back