What to do with a used PDP 805 bass drum?

805Drummer

Gold Member
It's a 24" virgin bass drum. Stock heads. Includes pedal and pillow. Black with red hardware.

What to do with it?

My parents won't let me use craigslist or ebay...

Also, do you think it's better or worse than a Pearl Export bass drum with a Super-Kick II?

I had a pearl export, and I've also had an 805. You'd be foolish to part with the 805. If I were you, I'd make a 4 piece out of the export pieces you have 1 tom up and 1 down, and keep the 805 set up and in tact. Because that 805 kit is twice the kit of the exports. get a tom mount and mount it off a cymbal stand in a better location if that makes it easier to play the 805, but for mercys sake don't split the kit up, it will be worthless at that point.

I second the above post. Keep the PDP, I havent personally played one but hear nothing but good things about them. If the lug colour turns you off, respray them. If it's the size (I recall you saying you're short and have a hard time getting comfortable behind a cannon of a bass drum), eat more spinach ;)

If you wan't I'll swap with you, my ddrums in the artic chill for your pdp set. Shipping may be a bugger. 22" bass, 10" 12" 15" 16" toms 10" Side snare and a 14X5 Slingerland chrome.

Attachments

• DDRUM front R.jpg
    DDRUM front R.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 932
  • DDRUM top.jpg
    DDRUM top.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 909
So, what's happening? I've been following the story of the 805s for so long now, I feel like they are my personal friend, and I want to know what the final outcome is.

At this point we are awaiting parental approval. Being I'm old and he's 14. they don't want to send his and then never see mine (Understandable). So I have offered to ship mine first with a signed agreement that his will be shipped to me upon reciept, or mine shipped back if he hates them..........will keep ya poasted,,LOL.

You've typically only got 4 options in regards to do with ANY drum....
keep it
sell it
give it away
gasoline and flame

I can tell you which is the most visually impressive, but you might not take a liking to it.

So, what's happening? I've been following the story of the 805s for so long now, I feel like they are my personal friend, and I want to know what the final outcome is.

Haha, yeah. It's true.

But sorry...the final decision has yet to be made, although I'd really like to do the trade.

ok....thats great guys!

but i have one question...

are you trading kits? or just bass drums?

but, either way, you all are getting a good deal!

=D

Alex

We're trading all the drums, but no hardware or cymbals. Oh, and we're not trading snares, except for his matching side snare.

You've typically only got 4 options in regards to do with ANY drum....
keep it
sell it
give it away
gasoline and flame

I can tell you which is the most visually impressive, but you might not take a liking to it.

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see the look on some kid's face who really wants a bass drum when you give it away to them...

I would find a soccer(football) team with those colors and drag it to the games and beat the hell out of it the whole game.

Back