What three bands' music have you played the most on drums ?

bud7h4

Silver Member
. . . . whether playing covers or playing to music?

I've never played covers on drums, only guitar. But I spent my teens playing drums to records and CDs. The most-played bands for me:

RUSH (by far the most)
Van Halen
Zeppelin

Black Sabbath is up there too, but I'm pretty sure once I discovered Van Halen they eventually surpassed Sabbath in hours played.

Last edited:
Isley Bros early 60's
Beatles (They covered the Isleys with Twist And Shout, so I'm counting that with the Beatles, too)
Stax and Motown are about tied and they all used pretty much the same bands at their respective studios, so can I count them as two bands and give you 4?

Ha...too late...I already did!

ZZ Top.....La Grange.

Surfaris...... Wipeout.

Journey...... Keep on Believing.

I dunno if this is the answer you are looking for, but these 3 songs are the only ones that we played at every single gig...... without fail.

My bad, I meant the bands' music, not any specific songs ( I fixed the thread title).

1 Carlos Santana Marathon album few tracks on that. 2 Variety of Marcus Millers music. 3 Some Deep Purlple it's a nice mix of styles in those 3 of choosen there are more but the thread only wants 3.

The guitar player i play with and me do two medleys since 2019 or so, so;

Rush - YYZ and a medley of various songs
Dream Theater - also a medley of various songs
Liquid Tension Experiment - parts of the songs Another Dimension and When the Water Breaks mashed in a semi-medley

But when starting out 2 decades ago it was Status Quo, Dire Straits and Queen where i played along to

Long, long ago, when my instructor moved me beyond a practice pad/snare and gave me the green light to get my first kit, I practiced to a lot of AC/DC. They might top my list.

George Strait and Waylon Jennings probably tie for the second spot. They set the standard for my country/Texas Swing grooves. I've also performed their material repeatedly.

The Police solidly come in third. As an awakening drummer, I was captivated by Copeland's hi-hat use, which ultimately informed aspects of my hat orientation.

Last edited:
My nr. 1 is definately Metallica. Has been a while now but my band is doing Damage Inc lately as one of our covers so it's like going back to my early drumming years again.

After that it's kind of hazy which bands I've played the most songs of. Maybe Testament and Annihilator.

These are both covers I've done with my bands and practice by my own.

Back